31 | barrow

i can't leave stiles.

[ 3.15 ]

Willow tip-toed behind Stiles as they moved through the boys' locker room. Though, walking quietly wasn't really necessary because the school was completely empty. And Stiles wasn't trying to be quiet either. He had Scott on speakerphone, demanding he join them.

"Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do," Stiles ordered.

"Dude, I'm already in bed," Scott mumbled tiredly.

"So was Willow!" he pointed out. "And come on. This is the first year I could convince her to come — the only other person on earth able to do that was Jackson!"

It was true. Willow never liked the thought of Mischief Night, especially when they targeted Coach. The fact that she thought pranks were mean coupled with her fear of being caught doing something wrong always kept her at home and her hands out of said mischief.

To be honest, Willow wasn't even sure how Stiles convinced her to come along.

"Um, as soon as she realizes exactly what you have planned, she's gonna bail and sit in the corner lecturing you about how it's dangerous and Coach could get hurt," Scott pointed out.

"Could Coach get hurt?" Willow asked with wide eyes.

"No," Stiles assured her.

Scott scoffed over the line, knowing it was a lie. "Aren't we getting a little old for this?"

"We do this for Coach," he argued.

"I thought we did this to Coach."

"Whatever, okay? You know he needs this. He lives for this stuff. He loves it," Stiles said.

Willow bit her lip to hold back a laugh. Coach did not live for this — in fact, he had nightmares about it.

"But it's the middle of the night," Scott said, trying to get Stiles to give up.

"Which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it's also happens to be Coach's birthday," Stiles said, opening his locker and pulling out a drill and other tools they'd need for the night. "So if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you. Okay? And I mean five, four, three, two—"

Willow had spotted Scott a few seconds earlier but kept her mouth shut. As Stiles turned away from his locker, he saw Scott right behind him, face hidden by shadows and red eyes glowing in the dark. Stiles let out a shriek as he fell over.

"One," Scott said, a smirk on his face.

"I hate you," Stiles muttered while the other two laughed.

With Scott now helping, it didn't take long to set up Stiles' prank. He wrapped a present and put it on Coach's desk. However, there was a tripwire attached to it, so when Coach picked it up, all the things on his walls were attached to it and would fall.