Part 76

Kayla's POV

I stared at my phone while laying on bed, wondering if Jarvis had fallen asleep. He was no longer replying to my last chat. He must be really tired. I could easily tell. The situation was draining him, maybe more than it did to me.

I wished I could visit him or freely be with him. I wished I was beside him to assure him that everything would be fine. But we were both suffering in different worlds right now and I couldn't do anything for him.

Inalis ko ang reading glasses ko at nilapag sa bedside table kasama ang phone ko. Inabot ko ang switch ng lamp shade to dim the light just enough for me to fall asleep. I never sleep with the lights completely off since I was a kid.

Bumagsak ako sa kama at pilit pinikit ang mga mata ko. The past few days had been mentally and emotionally draining at ngayon lang ulit  ako nakakahinga.

I heard the familiar buzz of notification from my phone. Inabot kong  muli ito. It was from Jarvis. Nagsalubong ang kilay ko nang makita ang screen.

What does he mean he's outside?

Agad akong umalis sa kama at sinuot ang house slippers ko habang nagt-type sa phone. Nagtungo ako sa glass wall ng kwarto ko para sumilip sa labas. The night sky remained cloudy. There's no way he's outside.

My phone vibrated with Jarvis' reply, asking me to let the guard know  so he could come inside. It took me seconds of staring at my phone screen before I rushed to get a jacket out of the closet and head out. Seriously, Jarvis?

Hindi ako mapalagay habang nasa elavator. I kept tapping my shoes against the steel floor, impatient by the slow movement from every  floor.

Once the door opened to the lobby, I immediately checked if Jarvis was really outside. He was waiving near the door, a black hoodie covering him up to his head and even if he was wearing a face mask, I could tell he's grinning from ear to ear.

Hindi ko alam ang magiging reaction ko. I was relieved to see him, almost close to laughing, but I couldn't help but wonder how long he  had to drive to be here at this time and how it must have been exhausting for him.

Pinuntahan ko agad ang guard para magpaliwanag, that the weirdo waiting outside, was indeed my boyfriend. The good thing was the  guard was too old to be aware of things such as social media or Saint Claire. He regarded Jarvis as a normal silly guy, tulad noong hinintay niya akong makauwi buong hapon.

Nang sa wakas ay pagbuksan si Jarvis, agad niya akong tinakbo upang yakapin nang mahigpit. My favorite hugs were always from Jarvis...  tight, comforting, safety. He dug his face to the side of my neck, breathing me in, something he loves to do.

"Babe..."

Napailing nalang ang matandang guard sa nakikita saka bumalik sa kanyang post.

"It's late," I whispered to Jarvis. Nanatili siyang nakayakap sa'kin sa gitna ng tahimik na lobby. Hinawakan ko ang magulo niyang buhok. "Let's get inside, okay?"

Inside the elevator, Jarvis held my hand and played with my fingers and the silver bracelet on my wrist. Then he raised my palm to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"Namiss kita, Kayla..."

"Silly," I mumbled, letting his long fingers intertwined with mine. "You can't just pop in my place whenever you like..." I told him. "Mabuti nalang walang nakakilala sa'yo."

Jarvis rested his head on my right shoulder even though he's way taller than me. I didn't know if his fans knew about this side of him but Jarvis was immensely clingy. Ilang beses ko itong napatunayan tuwing nagkikita kami.