𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, techniques

FEAR OF HER.
[ chapter seven ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN ROUGHLY SHAKES GALLY OFF HER, and moodily places herself down on the bench next to Thomas, in front of all the Gladers in the meeting room.

"Things are changing." Gally states, crossing his arms and severing the crowd, "There's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight... and then Alby." He turns, glaring at the brunette pair behind him, "And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself... to go into the Maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

Eve rolls her eyes at the boy once he faces away from them again to speak to the large audience.

"Yeah, but he saved Alby's life." Fry speaks up, leaning against a beam.

"Did he?"

"Gally, you're overreacting. At least we're all here, and only one of us got stung - it could've resulted in more." Evelyn snaps but gets ignored by the angered boy, pissing her off even more.

"For three years, we have coexisted with these things... and now you've killed one of them." Gally whips round, pointing aggressively at the girl, "Who knows what that could mean for us?"

"What you rather me do? Die?" She scoffs, chuckling gently and repositioning on the wooden box, "I'm not exactly thrilled with this life, but I'd prefer to survive a lil' longer."

Newt smirks at my response before moving his glaze over to Gally, "Well, what do you suggest we do?"

"They have to be punished."

All the Gladers start to argue against the statement and Evelyn pats Thomas' knee, "You'll be fine. The most you'll get is a few days, probably less in the pit."

Thomas glances at her, smiling weakly, "Thanks, that's really reassuring." He replies sarcastically, chuckling uncomfortably.

"Minho. You were with them. What do you think?" Newt asks the other runner, who had been suspiciously quiet.

He sighs, crossing his arms over his chest, "I think... in all the time we've been here... no one's ever killed a Griever before. When I turned tail and ran, these dumb shanks stood behind to help Alby." Minhos shrugs, "Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. We all knew Evelyn is both of those."

The girl shoots her hand up, flicking him off and earning a quiet laugh from the crowd. Minho copies the hand signal before returning to what he was previously saying, "But whatever he is, we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."