𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, key

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑.
[ chapter eleven ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

MINHO AND EVE KNEEL DOWN OUTSIDE THOMAS' PIT, and he lifts his eyes off the ground to see the two of them, small smiles on their faces in an attempt to try cheer him up after another dreadful, sleepless night.

"Big day, Greenie. You sure you don't wanna sit this one out?" Minho teases.

Thomas shakes his head, chuckling lowly, "Come on, man. Get me out of here."

Eve fiddles with the rope for a second before finally being able to lift the hatch up, allowing the dark haired boy to jump up with a helping hand from Minho, who passes them both a brown harness once their ready.

"You didn't sleep did you?" Evelyn says while she watches as Thomas pulls on the small vest, who just shakes his head, "Didn't think so."

The three of them are silent while the trudge slowly over to the large maze doors. The rest of the other Gladers not being awake and leaving the only noise to be the insects and animals.

"You ready?" Eve questions, flicking her wrists and tilting her head, causing it to crack and loosen up.

Thomas doesn't reply and just watches her as she preps her body for the long run ahead - noticing how relaxed and calm she looks. To say she's absolutely terrified of what lays ahead, she does a great job of covering the terror up. Before he knows it, she disappears from his side and the two best friends are in the maze, calling his name to follow.

He shakes his head for a second before sprinting off and slipping next Minho, Evelyn moving in front so she can lead the two boys. Her head whips around on high alert while they run, and not once does she slow down or pant for a breath.

She really hates this place. Thomas thinks, keeping a close eye on the back of her head on look out for problems.

"This way." She says when they speed around a corner, her voice not even sounding tired or croaky, "Not much further to the inner ring. Let's go."

They continue and their running turns into a quick walk once they finally reach Section Seven, causing Minho to stop his shouts of encouragement. Evelyn and the boys lift their heads, peering around at the tall thick walls, letting the bright sun shine onto their faces.

"Seven's not supposed to be open for another week." Minho mumbles while they walk through the dark passageway.

"What the hell is this place?" Thomas questions, motioning his head towards the thin metal rectangles, noticing how their stood up in a certain pattern.

"We call them blades." Eve tells him, knocking her knuckle against one of them, causing a loud clang to ring through the arena. She smirks mischievously at the dark haired boy before turning head, her eyes catching a glimpse of a harness on the ground and causing her breath to hitch, sparking Thomas' attention, "Fuck."