Chapter 1:~: Steven Clovis

Steven's Perspective:-

It was 11 a.m. I realized it was time for the math lecture. As I opened my bag, which was already in a very poor condition, I took out my 2nd hand mathematics textbook. As I could not afford to buy them myself, I borrowed them from a senior. We began our maths lesson when our maths teacher, Professor Henry Weber, entered the room.

The professor was about to start a new topic today, and everyone except for me was done with him. As the professor started to teach it and explain the concepts, I began to copy them in my old notebook, which was already full, yet I was using it by writing on the cover and between the lines. As the professor halted to drink some water, I observed the other students. None of them looked as if they were interested in the lecture. Some of them were chatting around about their new PS 5's and the new games they were recently playing on them. Others were sleeping and drooling on their desks, while the remaining students were stalking outside the window at the playground and were deciding on teams to play basketball with as the next period was P.T.

I too converged my focus on the topic after the professor resumed his teaching. After about 15 minutes, the bell rang, which meant that the period was over. Everyone was eager to rush down and enjoy their game period. Professor Weber collected his things and was about to leave when I raised my hand and asked him if he could explain the last concept again, as I was unable to grasp it properly. All the students made the 'pchhh' sound irritated as they wanted to play. Every one of them looked at me with a horrifying face, signifying, "You are dead." The professor, without hesitating, explained the concept.

After the explanation, everyone rushed down the staircase to the playground like animals freed from cages. I remained in the class as I had no interest in the games period. I started saving the exercises based on the topic taught in the maths period. I had another completely normal day at school too. The school ended at about 12:30 with the biology lecture. I packed my bag and left for my home.

My house was located on the outskirts of Racoon City. I lived in a small ramshackle house near the Jade Palace, the house of Dutch Arthur, who was considered to be of the sacred bloodline of the Audin Dynasty, which ruled over the Continent of Sinauli when it was a monarchy. The King today has only a handful of powers but is still considered a chosen one, and the majority population of Racoon City also considers him as their supreme leader despite the establishment of democracy. I, being 16 years old, worked as a worker in the Palace part-time.

I still remember the day when my mother left me on the doorsteps of the Jade palace under the custody of her younger brother, who happens to be Prince Arthur himself, which makes him my uncle technically. It was a rainy night and she always kept saying that she would return one day to take us home far away from here. The Royal Family treats me as an outsider and calls me a cursed child, probably due to the dark scars on my face, which I inherited genetically from my father. At least I was told so by my mother. I never got the privilege of seeing my father. My mother told me that he left us immediately after my birth. When I would press down on the topic, she would divert it.

I would get to eat the stale and the leftover food after the family's dinner. They weren't even ready to pay my school and book fees. That's when Professor Weber came to the scene. He saw my potential and agreed to sponsor me till whichever level I wanted to study, but he put forward the condition that he would only sponsor me if I managed to score 1st rank in each grade I went through. That turned out to be my ultimate motivation to study. I wanted to be a scientist and uncover the mysteries of the universe.

At about 1:30 pm, I reached my ramshackle house. I only had a termite-ridden bed, a mattress that was in rags, and some of my books as my belongings. I immediately changed my clothes and entered the garden of the royal palace to do the daily chores. The Palace was a magnificent place, having 4 pillars made up of marble and a huge nucleus with a Wunderbar dome placed just at the top of it added to its beauty.