Chapter 12 :~: Silhouette

Sheeran's Perspective :-

"Yes, I don't think so, at least for some time," I heard a person speaking, while I was lying on a bed. The distinction between dream and reality, life or death had become nothing but a thin transparent to be honest, wall for me, especially after my last dream. "Why do you think so, Cooper?" I heard Steven's voice, and he seemed to be talking to the man.

He was wearing a white doctor's coat, under which was a black shirt and blue denim trousers. This time too I felt I know this man, not personally but seen him somewhere in the books and posters in Raccoon city.

"About what? And what am I doing here?" I asked in a very weak voice opening my eyes. To be honest, I was unaware of what had happened, I casually touched my face and found something creepy. My left eye, was covered with bandages and the pain was very much real, that's when I remembered all the stuff.

"Ah Sheeran, you are up, we uhh-"  "You had an accident actually, and trust me it's not that serious." The man interrupted Steven and said. "Why do I feel so much pain, if it's that acute?" I asked covering my eye with my hand. "Let's get to the topic, okay. And yes I understand the magnitude and all the statistical stuff Steven, so just let me do my job." The man said.

I looked at the man and then at Steven, "Sheeran, I am Dr. D.B. Cooper, the head of the Yuri Hospital of Zillion, Tvettay." he said and my heart skipped a beat. "D. B. Cooper? the FBI most wanted, gentleman criminal? " I said and understood why I felt that I knew him.

"So you know me, but currently that's not the point here. When you finished the ritual, you took your pencil and pierced it in your left eye, that's why your eyeball got punctured and it may take a few months to recover. After that, you jotted something down on your paper and went wild." He completed, and I went silent for a moment. 

I closed my eyes and rested and head on the wall behind, took a long breath, let out a gush of cold wind through my mouth, and started revisiting my dream, but this time from a third-person perspective, What or who or why is VIBGYOR? What is that Cult? And why are they after me? 

"So who is the demon in me?" I asked opening my eyes slowly. Dr. Cooper went outside and brought the white notepad they gave me. He took a look at it and showed it to Steven, both of them looked at the white sheet and then at me, "Speak up! Who is it?" I said getting a little impatient.

Dr. Cooper turned the Page came to me and gave me the sheet. I cleared my right eye and looked at it. It was written in a dark shade of red which was my blood of course. The writing was dry now as I passed my hand over it. I read the name aloud, "Wendigo", just when I said so, there was silence all around, both the doctor and Steven had sort of frozen. I could hear the winds passing through the window adjacent to me. The scale of the silence was so huge that I could even hear my heartbeats.

Steven's Perspective:-

"What's with the look, and why are you acting as if this name is a taboo?" Sheeran said. "You have read, 'Demons of the 7th realm- A Synopsis' haven't you?" I asked, "Well I haven't actually." He said. "We can leave, can't we Cooper?" I said looking at him. "Not so soon, you still ha-" I gave him the piercing look which I am famous for and he couldn't resist but look away.

"Okay, fine you can but you have to bring him for a daily checkup at least for the next month," Cooper said removing his gloves with the feeling of helplessness. After some formal procedures, Sheeran was granted his temporary discharge. "So tell me, why were you guys shocked after reading my demon's name?" Sheeran asked and I knew this was coming.

I took a deep breath and was about to tell him everything when I spotted Noel and my daughters sitting on one of the benches on the 'Yuri Hospital lawns. The strange thing was I also saw a girl sitting next to them, in a Green Top Camouflaging with the surrounding. I felt I had seen her, but couldn't remember where it happened!