Chapter 10 :~:The Devil Identification Ritual: Initiation

Sheeran's Perspective:-

I got up the next morning due to the wailing of my alarm clock given to me by Noel and found myself sunken under a large heap of books. I got up, switched off the alarm, brushed my teeth, splashed some water on my face, and went outside the main door. The time was around 5: 15 am, and the sky was always covered by blue and red colors. 

I was about to start my training, when I saw Steven, in shorts and a vest, waiting for me outside the gate. "You are late by 15min and 2,3,4 sec..." he said. "Btw I bought you some gifts, hope you like them." 

Saying so he handed me a mid-sized box. I opened it and found a pair of brand new pair of jogging shoes. "Thank you, Steven! It means a lot to me, I will try to make these shoes worth their value by training hard." I said.

"I am sure you will, now if his majesty has got some time from thanking this imbecile creature, can we start training?" he said in his evergreen mocking tone. "Yeah sure, bring it on." and hence started my training montage. All the streets were empty, not a single soul to be found.

We took 2 whole laps across the city and then we went to the forest of Cthelion, where Jaggs was already waiting for me. I learned a lot of things in the long span of 26 days. Right from how to calm my mind, to Mana control which was undoubtedly the best part. 

My physical training went great, Steven taught me several things during our dummy duels. He use to cover one of my sensory organs at a time and told me to depend on the other. Man! I have to say Steven was a master in duels and close combat. He also taught me Sword fighting and Knife fighting during our training session.

It was this time when I understood the 'When you don't think about too much stuff, everything goes steady and fine.' After almost a month of training, I had mastered the majority of the tricks which a delta Yuri should know, like Mana control, Combat skills, a lot of knowledge, basis of strategy planning, et cetera. 

"Well done Sheeran, it's fascinating to even imagine how much you have achieved in these 25 days," Jaggs said, for probably the first time when we were sitting on the river banks at night, gazing at the stars and thinking about the Universe. "Thank you, Jaggs, but it would be impossible if you and Steven hadn't helped me so much," I said.

"It's fine Sheeran, it's our job to do so, Isn't it Jaggs?" I said, "Exactly! you know what, I still remember the day we all came here. Everyone became used to the environment and expected the reality, except for this man here." Jaggs said pointing to Steven. "Oh come on dude, it might not- " "Every ounce of second is the perfect one Steven, To accept this reality or to believe that it is a hoax, is dependant on the thinker," Jaggs said before Steven could complete.

"I agree with you, but now it's already late and tomorrow's the huge day." He said looking at Jaggs, "Tomorrow is the day when you will become a full-fledged delta Yuri, along with thousands of others." Steven said, looking at me. We chatted for a while and when it was time, we left the forest for our homes.

"Hey, Steven-" "Yes about the Devil Identification ritual, you will know soon, what will be happening in it when we reach the ceremony." Steven said, "Yes exactly what I wanted to ask, but I want to make a request, please don't read my mind without my permission." I said as I was tired of him doing it again and again.

"Yeah fine, I won't." He said tousling my hair. We reached home at around 8:30 pm where Noel had already prepared the Dinner. We took a relaxing bath and then all the 5 of us had our dinner together.

"Dad, isn't it the Grand feast tomorrow? we are too excited for it." Amelia, Steven's youngest daughter asked and I was a little surprised. "Yeah, Dad we just can't wait to taste those yummy sweets." Alina, who was 7 minutes older than Amelia said. "Hold on a sec, it is the Devil identification ritual tomorrow right?" I said.