Chapter 5 :~: The Revival

Sheeran's Perspective:-

Darkness, there is pitch darkness everywhere, everything around me seems to be falling freely towards the base while I am stagnant in my inertial frame. I judged from this that this has to be a dream, and the special part was that it was very similar to the dream I previously had the other day, in the biology class. I had a tingling sensation around the region of my belly. I guessed that it might be because I was hungry, but the peculiar thing was that it was different than the craving for food. I can't decide whether it was good or bad, it was kinda a mixture of both.

While I was there in the void, I started hearing some very strange voices all around me, it was in a very different language, but I could tell that it was from the earth I came from. I could hear a person, possibly a male teenager screaming in agony, as if he was being tortured. Besides the boy's voices, I could also hear voices in the background chanting some spooky prayers and the boy was still screaming.

 Besides the boy's voices, I could also hear voices in the background chanting some spooky prayers and the boy was still screaming

Suddenly the voices stopped and the void all around me started to break apart as if it was made up of matter. I was still very confused when I realized that one of the pieces breaking from the void was about to fall directly upon me. I tried to run away but all in vain, it was as if I was trapped in a vacuum. Helpless, I covered my face with my hands and the thing collapsed. I was scared to the last part of my cell, even if I knew that it was just a dream, the feeling was surreal.

To my surprise, I was completely intact, in one piece and the pieces of the void had diminished into several small pieces and when I say small, I mean it! I looked around when I realized that the scenery had changed and it was not the void anymore. Instead, I found myself amidst a countryside village, probably from Earth. There was just a single hut in my vicinity and the rest of my surrounding was covered in lush green fields.

When I moved towards the hut, I started hearing the voices again, of the boy and the creepy chanting people

When I moved towards the hut, I started hearing the voices again, of the boy and the creepy chanting people. I went to the hut tiptoed and took care that no one feels my presence. I found a sort of window just adjacent to the door and I peeped through it [yeah I know these are bad manners, but that is what I am, a very curious child.] I was horrified to see the scene inside and confused at the same time.