Chapter 4 - The ring

JOSIE POV

"Yours and mine" as those words came out of my mouth , Cyra, Yvonne's friend was speechless which she had been doing since the start because my dumbass didn't think before speaking. "How'd you know there was a theory? Wait what? You also have one? " Cyra started to talk so fast most of what she said was barely coherent. "Okay Cyra, let's chill I would love to tell you but it's a thin subject and not even mine so might reveal it if both of our hypothesis come out correct!" She looks at me suspiciously, before focusing back on the task at hand. "How the hell does a ring get lost during an explosion isn't it on your person?" Cyra groans "Doesn't she keep it around her neck on a delicate gold chain?" my question brings a wave of realisation to Cyra before she starts to look for said ring again, thankfully her exhaustion must have made her not realise that she should ask how I knew. "Okay, I give up we are never going to find it probably someone stole it." Cyra says, the exhaustion evident in her voice and rightfully so, we spent like 2 hours locked in this room "Cy stop being so pessimistic where is the optimism?" Von says mischievously. "Optimism left the chat hours ago, probably with the stupid ring" Cyra replies, exhaustion visible in her voice. "Ouch firstly the ring isn't stupid is the last thing connecting me with my dead family, well possibly dead. Secondly how could you call this gorgeous piece of jewellery stupid?" Her response causes us to look back at her dangling the ring on the chain in front of us. There it was.The only evidence other than DNA which could prove Yvonne's relation to the family, that piece of jewellery that used to hang around the little girls neck on a delicate chain. The family ring. A gold ring with the later 'A' engraved beautifully on it with some small flower or branch design delicately placed around. The family symbol. "W-wow its you" my voice shaky and more silent than a whisper, as my theory was proved right it is the ring 3 year old Yvonne wore, the Andretou family ring. "That ring definitely proves your family is not dead" Cyra exclaims happily before I snap out of my train of thought and add that "One of them is actually in this hospital right now" Cyra looks at me as if the family member is me whilst Von seems lost as ever still trying to process everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YVONNE POV

"One of them is actually in this hospital right now" Josie added when Cyra finished her sentence. The room was engulfed in silence but the silence was louder than words could ever be.
My whole life has been a lie, well technically not my whole life but still most of it. Obviously I was aware that this despicable man wasn't related to me, but who believes a 16 year old instead of a grown ass man which is really bad for many reasons but that's not the point right now, what is important is that my family is alive, fuck one of them is here. Nope can't do this, no way, not meeting them. They will just be in danger because of his minions who have been threatening me ever since my childhood. If I get close to my family they will be in danger not only because of those assholes but also due to my "line of work" I it can be called that. Why did he have to go and fall in love with one of my parents, couldn't he just fall in a ditch the result would be the same just less pain for me.

"Yve, oi you dumbass notice me" Ra's voice was mumbled and suddenly a pounding started in my head but I shook it off. "BLUE!" Okay that brought me back to the girls. "Yeah sorry Ra" a loud laugh and a gasp are heard at the same time, turning around Cyra who gasped looks so offended and Josie who is just dying of laughter at the face Cyra has on. "What the fuck is Ra? How could you call me that it sounds like Rat" my head started to pound even louder and my balance was off but two strong hands steadied me, Ty. "Sorry Cy didn't mean to but that's what you get. Hey Ty thanks for steading me" he just nodded as he placed his elbow on my head and proceeded to stand with his weight on me smirking as he was under my death glare. "Okay so before we get introduced Von do you want to know the person we think is your family" Jo asks scared of what my answer would be. "Sure why not" as she heard my answer a wave of relief was on her face. Before starting to make our way to wherever Josephine was leading us, Tyrell just following along knowing not to ask as it was our untold rule. 'Only talk if you are ready to explain' Rafael was running over to her with some papers on his hands his face having a goofy grin. "YOU ARE VON, MY LITTLE SISTER VON OH I KNEW YOU LOOKED LIKE HIM SO MUCH" he shouted making people glare at us weirdly while he rubbed his head apologetically. Josie smacked the back of his head scolding him for breaking the news like that. " Um sorry to interrupt but are you sure? Also who do I look like?" my voice was so silent like it never has been. "Oh yeah sorry so we may have taken a DNA test to see how much a match you are to me and you look like our bother Gabriel" he answered calmly. "How did you take a DNA test?" Tyrell asked now breaking his silence "Who are you?" Rafael said pointing to Ty "He is my friend but yeah how?" Looking at Raf and Jo both of their faces looked guilty, before Raf managed to answer Josie explained quickly how they did it and the significance of the ring. After she finished she looked so relieved as if she couldn't keep that information inside any longer or she would explode.

All of us fell silent until my voice disrupted it "Um okay cool!" Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. Josie came forward and placed a hand on my forehead trying to see if I had a fever. "Are you okay?" Tyrell shouted before realising his voice was raised. "Yep fine just a few questions. Also can you take me to my- am sorry, our family?" my voice faltered and the last part came out as a whisper towards Rafael but he looked like he heard. "Yes of course what questions do you have, and taking you to our family is a bit tricky" he replied a small frown went on my lips how could I be so stupid they probably don't want me. "OUCH" Josie had punched him making him double over in pain "Why did you do that?" he barely managed to speak "Because you are a dumbass, why did you say its tricky instead of saying they aren't here because no one in the family lives here except from us who had to come intern as we went to uni here" a slight smile found its way on my lips as she said that but soon flatered as it meant I'd have to leave Ty and Cy behind well Tyrell, Cyra just dissapears for weeks and more so she'd find me probably. "Could have just told me no need for violence" he whined. Turning around Tyrell sent me a look which said I'll call you later as he hugged me before leaving, looking back at my brother wow brother can't believe it , anyway this grown ass man in front of me acting like a 5 year old rolling his eyes as Cyra was back to her cold and enigmatic self explaining how violence is always the answer which just made Josie laugh in agreement as he sighed telling her she should agree since she is a doctor which she said was irrelevant. "Alright if you are done now may someone tell me what is going to happen now that we found out my real identity" Josie just smiled smugly and said nothing for me to worry about and that my job was to only rest while those two helped her after we came back from collecting my belongings. Sleeping in the hospital for tonight as well. Early in the morning, a scolding Josie yelling at the man child woke me up from my slumber. "Good you are up sorry but we have a flight to catch so chop chop get up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello again. Thanks so much for reading my story , hope you enjoyed this chapter!