I - The Hermosa

Camilo Madrigal x Reader

○◇○◇○

Camilo Madrigal was bored. After everything that happened, even after Antonio's gift ceremony,after their gifts disappeared, after Abuela Alma and Mirabel's small outburst that made the Casita into bits and pieces, after he became homeless and had his home back no less and that Mirabel was apparently the most special of them all. He. Was. Really. Bored.

Maybe he should babysit? No.

How about he plays with Antonio? Hmm, no.

Go hang with Uncle Bruno? Uhh, nope.

Tag along with Dolores and Mirabel who are about to leave the Casita under his watch? Wait-

"Where are you two going?" He asked curiously, since, he really have nothing else to do.

"Oh, Camilo! We were just going to this new cafe in town." Answered Mirabel, clutching her sling bag and giving him a warm smile.

"Cafe?"

"Apparently, the owner's wife is not from Encanto. Somewhere from America they say. She wanted to give everyone in our village, a taste of her city." Dolores explained, "Me and Mariano planned to have a date there tomorrow, hm!" She hummed dreamily, thinking of her handsome Mariano. Camilo shrugged and approached them.

"I'll come with you, I really have nothing else to do."

"The more the merrier!" Exclaimed Mirabel, leading the way towards this new cafe with Camilo and Dolores behind her.

The village was lively and cheerful as always, Camilo smiled knowing this joy will never go away as long as his familya helps this lovely community. He noticed little children playing by the river under the bridge they passed by, their colorful paper boats flowing with the stream as they hurriedly ran after it , laughing and giggling.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the breeze Encanto blessed him with.

Ah, what a lovely-

"O-oh!"

"Oof!"

He bumped into someone, a girl, it was obviously a girl. He opened his eyes and he felt the world dance. Wow, she was beautiful. Her colorful dress adored mainly with (f/c) , swayed with the air . He straighten his poncho out of nervousness and stared at her just a bit longer, just one more min-

"I'm so sorry..!" She bowed her head, turning a bit red from embarassment.

"I got distracted with how beautiful the village is today that i bumped into you, mi chameleon."

Heh. Funny, because he just did the same. Wait-

"M-mi chameleon?"

"Oh my apologies", she laughed softly, "I often refer you with that name that i forgot to be formal,please excuse me, Camilo Madrigal."

And the Gods blessed his day for his name sounded so heavenly with her voice. He can't help but get flustered.

"O-oh umh- It's fine! That's fine! I actually don't mind hearing your voi- i mean that name hehe." He sheepishly scratch his neck. How did that come out so awkward?!

"Well then, i guess I'll continue calling you that, mi chameleon, if we ever meet again." She smiled at him, waving goodbye as he stared at space of where she was seconds ago. What, just happened?

"..amilo, Camilo!" Camilo snapped out of his daze, following his cousin's voice a distance away. Waving her hands franctantly, Dolores by her side, hiding a smirk. He approached them.

"Who was that?" Mirabel asked.

Oh shoot. He forgot to ask her name.

"I forgot to ask her name!" He groaned in frustration, earning a giggle from both girls. He raised his brow.

"What?"

"Having a crush now, are we~?" Teased Dolores, Camilo scoffed.

"Yeah right. Not happening."

"Hmm, ok. Mr. I-actually-don't-mind-hearing-your-voice."

"Hey!" His ears turned red, " I didn't say that."

"Uh-huh. Alright." Camilo groaned, he didn't like her or anything. Why would he? That's stupid. At least, that's what he convinced his self to believe but deep down, he already have his eyes on her.

○◇○◇○

IT'S SHORT I KNOWWWWW, but dun worry, I'll publish 2 chapters all at once, even if i don't have a clear schedule. You can expect me to upload 2 chapters at once or maybe even more!

I'm a bit shy, but if you like the story, please leave a vote or a comment! ><

n.l.page