VIII - What Scares You

Camilo Madrigal x Reader

○◇○◇○

"Thank you for making my dream come true."

You were soaked from your waist down to your toes, yet you didn't bother getting off the waters. You find them refreshing and cold, tickling your toes, just to your liking.

"Bella, I think we should go home now." Camilo suggested, watching you twirl the parasol while it leaned on your shoulder.

"You're drenched, you might get sick." Concern was laced on his words, you nodded and made your way to him. He offered a hand and you took it, your grip on the parasol loosening.

A strong afternoon breeze passed your way and the parasol drifted.. away with it. Eyes wide, you let go of Camilo's hand and went after it, going into the waters again.

"Oh no..! The parasol!"

Running quickly towards it, you reached out, hopeful to catch it.

"Thank you.."

You didn't bother to process the whispers hitting your ears, what was important was the parasol which was now too high to reach. You ran even faster and attempted to jump, but something tripped you and your weight bought you down in the lake on your knees, panting.

"(Name)!"

The parasol danced with the wind, getting farther and farther away. It flew along a flock of birds that made their way to the lake, hovering above it, playing with the leaves.

"Just like how birds fly over it.." You mumbled, remembering the little girl's words.

"..For making my dream, come true."

Hands grabbed your shoulders, they belong to Camilo.

"(Name)! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, but.." You trailed off, looking towards the direction where the parasol flew away.

"Chiquita won't see it again.."

"Just like how we won't see her again.." Camilo said, " She just disappeared, I don't know where she went and where she came from."

That was true, the little girl they just spent a memory with was nowhere to be found.

"And look at you." Camilo continued, eyeing you head to toe.

"Beautiful  but drenched." You pouted looking away, while he snickered seeing a blush crept to your cheeks.

"Let's go, hermosa. " Grabbing your hand, he led you out of the waters, then ran to the other side of the lake. You were confused why, you thought he was gonna do the same thing you did; making you giggle, but he came back as quickly as he went, carrying a familiar item. Your shoes.

"So thoughtful, mi chameleon~" You teased but you were also thankful. He blushed, handing over your shoes. You thanked him for it, after putting it on he grabbed your hand and led the way. When both of you reached the path you went by, he stopped for about a minute. Worried, you asked, "Did you forgot something?"

He turned back to you with his most sheepish awkward smile,

"I don't remember the path."

Well that's one thing he forgot.

|| || || ||

"This isn't the way to my house." You informed the young Madrigal when he dragged you farther from your house.

"That's because we're not going there, hermosa."

"Where will we go? We're both drenched and smell like lake water." You giggled. He turned back to you, smiling.

"I think it's time you meet my familya."

You burst red and became a stuttering mess, meet his what? His family?! Now? When you're drenched with lake water? When you're hair's a mess?

"N-Now? Meet your family now? B-But I'm a mess!" Camilo shook his head, taking a wet strand of your hair that was stuck on your face.

"A beautiful mess."

'Stop it! I'm going on 40°!'  You thought, feeling your face heat up. He chuckled, turning his back to you, leading the way to his home.

'This is it.. I'm gonna meet the familya Madrigal!'  You mentally cheered, you were grateful for his family, who helped the village countless of times. You know all of them were special but you haven't talked to any of them or even spent time with one before Camilo came.

You didn't want to say it but he was your favorite Madrigal. Maybe because both of you have the same age? Maybe because he sings well? Or maybe because of his charm? You will never know, but, you know one thing. You're attracted to him like magnet and you were beyond glad that he was the first Madrigal you spent a day with.

"Do you think they'll be fine seeing us like this?" You asked him.

"I'm sure they won't mind." He answered kindly, without looking back.

"Are they all there?"

"That entirely depends if they are all finished with their duties, hermosa."

"Even Bruno?" He chuckled, finally looking back at you.

"Even Tiyo Bruno."

You heard about Bruno Madrigal all over town, some were not pleasant, about him running away from his home never to be seen again. But, you never really got to see the guy to confirm all of those rumours.

"Why? Are you scared of him?" Camilo asked. You scoffed, smirking.

"Why would I?" He shrugged before going to your side, now walking beside you.

"Cuz He's a seven foot frame, rats along his back--" You giggled as he started to sing, his hands forming into claws trying to scare you.

"--When he calls your name--" He shifted into Bruno, making him a bit scarier than normal. "It all fades to black--" He leaned closer, trying to get a reaction from you.

"He sees your dreams--" You took your hand suddenly making you gasp and then he pulled you close to him, as he shifted back. "--And feast on your screams." He laughed seeing a shocked look on your face, but it wasn't because you were scared but because he was so close you can feel his breath.

"Sorry I scared you, hermosa." You glared at him playfully, hitting his arm as he let out an exaggerated "Ow!".

"You don't scare me, mi chameleon."

"Then what are you scared of?"

"Losing important people." You glance at him, he blushed, averting his gaze away from you. He wants to be just as important as that, and he will make sure you'll never lose him. He squeezed your hand that he didn't notice he kept holding on to. He was surprised you squeezed back, feeling your soft skin putting pressure on his.

He felt your warm hands drift from his, and he felt lonely and cold. He didn't know he was this touchstarved, but he guess it was only because of you. You, and the things you do to him.

○◇○◇○

Wieee I believe i did a good job on this, I finally inserted a song xD
His voice is really good like damnnnn, did you hear his growl? HSHSHHS

n.l.page