The Prologue.

(Kylie's POV)

I blinked once, and then twice, trying to come to terms with what I'd just heard.

I mean, it wasn't new news that my parents and brother were going out of the country for work, and that because of school, and everything else going on, I couldn't go with them.

But, what was never before heard news, was the fact that I was going to spend the whole week with...

KEITH?!

"Yeah, no. I'm sorry, mum. I can't do that."

"You don't have a choice, darling. The plan's made already."

I choked.

Somebody, punch me. Tell me this is a bad dream, and then kick me. And then, when I wake up, laugh hard in my face.

Just don't tell me this is real.

"I'd love to tell you I'm sorry, Ky, but I know how close you two used to be. His parents do too! We think this is going to be fun, for the two of you! Maybe you'll become close friends again!"

I pressed my lips together.

Friends? Really? That's what she comes up with? Friends is the last thing I want to be with Keith!

"Ugh, fine. Good night, mum." I walked over, and hugged and kissed my mum good night, before walking over to my dad and doing the same.

"Good night, Ky. And don't worry, it'll be fine."

"Yeah, I hope so." I muttered.

Dad laughed and patted me on the back.

~~~~~~

(Keith's POV)

I burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, what, dad?"

"You and Kylie are going to be spending the next week together. One night here, and one night at her house, alternatingly."

I just stared blankly at dad.

I wasn't sure what shocked me more, (a) That I was spending the whole week with Kylie, or (b) that the plan was already layed out with such... intricacy.

"Please tell me this is a joke. Because, if it is, it isn't a very funny one."

"Well, then it's a good thing this isn't a joke, right?" My mum said, appearing behind me, and wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I groaned.

"Kylie? Really? Was there no one else?"

"Nope. There was your grandparent's... And your aunt's... But, Kylie's parents are going out of town too, and we thought it would be great if you two could reconnect. I mean, you two were really good friends, you know."

Mum pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of me and Kylie, in our swimsuits, just before we dived into the water. We had these huge lopsided grins on our faces, and we were looking at each other like we were the only people there.

Well, maybe mum and dad were right. I mean, it could be nice to reconnect with Kylie. Who knows, maybe we'd go back to the way we once were?

Yeah, right.

I sighed.

"There's really nothing I can say to get out of this, is there?"

"Nope!" Mum shook her head happily.

"Fine then."

Dad and mum exchanged knowing looks, and I glared annoyedly at them.

"Why are you looking at each other like that?"

Dad pretended not to know what I was talking about.

"Like what? Hey, isn't it your bed time?" He dodged, taking a glance at his watch.

"Yes, it is. Good night, dad. Good night, mum."

My parents smiled at me, and my mum hugged me.

"Good night, Keith!"

Yeesh! Well this was going to be a messy week...