9. Great Advice, Unlikely Place.

The ride to the mall in Keith's giant SUV, was as awkward as could be.

I mean, to be fair, I had just slapped and yelled at him. Then again, I had only done that because he'd pissed me off.

But, I still felt as guilty as hell about it.

I knew exactly why Keith had left, and now that the words had already done their damage, I felt like a monster for hurting him.

The driver dropped us at the entrance of the mall, and then told Keith to call him when he was needed again. Keith didn't reply. He just looked at the guy, and jumped out of the massive car.

"Ah, yes. We'll do that. Thank you, sir." I answered for Keith.

The driver chuckled.

"Poor, Keith. Did something happen?"

I blushed with embarassment.

"Yeah, we fought."

"Oh. Well, I think that explains it!"

I deadpanned.

"I don't get it."

"I'm his driver, dear. I drive him to and from his games. I know what it looks like when he loses. And right now, it seems like he's just lost the most important game of his life."

I met the driver with silence.

"Now, I don't know what happened between the two of you, and frankly, that's between y'all. But what I can tell you, is that he really really cares about you. I don't think I ever seen him that hung up over losing... And my-oh-my, the number of times his fingers have hovered over an apology message to you, is unnerving. I think he believes he doesn't deserve you. And, I think he thinks you're not going to take him back, and that kills him. He really regrets hurting you, you know. I just think the two of you should try your best to make out-up. Up. I meant make up."

I laughed, but I had a feeling that the driver had said exactly what he meant.

"Thank you, sir. Honestly. This really changed my perspective on things. I'm forever indebted to you."

The driver laughed too.

"Okay, girly. No need to channel your inner Shakespeare. We all know you got it. Now, go girl! Catch Keith before he falls too far."

"Yes, sir!" I saluted, and jumped out, before waving to the driver through the window, and running off to find Keith.

~~~~~~

To be honest, I didn't have to look very far for Keith. He was waiting patiently at the check-ins for me.

As we went past all the security measures, not a word was exchanged between us. It was just silence. I didn't know what to say, and Keith didn't want to say anything.

We walked past shop after shop, until finally, Keith took a detour and walked into the Nike shop. Not really knowing what else to do, I followed him. He headed straight for the shorts aisle, while I went to go check out the shoes.

Nike shoes always made me go weak at the knees. Especially the non-training ones.

My hands went after a pair of white and black Airforce 1s, before I could stop them.

"Those are good looking shoes, aren't they?" An employee asked me.

"Yeah, they're beautiful..." I replied dreamily. "They're wayy above my budget, though."

The employee laughed.

"They always are. It's just those of us who like living on the edge who'll say, 'damn the budget, I want these beauties...'."

I looked up and the employee and smiled.

"Are you trying to convince me to buy the shoes?"

The lady laughed again. A loud, fresh sound that put me on edge.

"No, of course not! Unless of course... You want to?"

I laughed too this time.

"Seriously, though? These things are on a one time sale. They're pretty damn cheap."

"Nah, it's okay. My dad already got me a pair. And apart from that, I'm pretty stocked up on shoes already. Thank you, though." I said, putting the shoes back.

"Ah, anytime girl. Nike Store will always be open for business."

"Of course. See you."

"Bye-bye!"

I rejoined Keith who was at the cashier, paying for his stuff, before he motioned to me and we both exited the shop.

Our next stop was the grocery store because I needed some stuff, but on the way there, we passed the phone accessory store.

That made me stop, because they still had that phone case I wanted, on display.

It was a simple black, plastic phone case, but on the back it had an intricately drawn skull on it. And that's what had caught my eye.

I couldn't help it. I walked into the store, and headed straight towards the case, wanting to see it up close.

I picked up the case and turned it around in my hand, falling in love with all over again.

My old case was a very boring one, that I'd gotten free with the phone itself, and I hate the stupid cover, but I knew I'd never be able to have the guts to ask my parents for a new one.

"Do you need some help, mam?" The guy at the counter asked me.

"No, thank you. I was just looking."

"Are you sure? You seem to like that cover a lot."

I smiled.

"I do. I just don't have the money right now, and I don't think it'll still be here whenever I come back."

"Oh. Well, would you like me to keep one for you? I mean, even if it goes out of stock, you'll still be able to come pick yours up."

"That's sweet, but no thank you, sir. I'll just take my leave."

"That's fine, mam. Have a good day."

"You too."

I set down the case sadly, and left the store.

"Serves me right for never being able to ask for anything!" I muttered angrily under my breath.

Unaware that Keith had seen and heard the entire exchange.