6. Cows, Stupidity and Moo-vies.

I stumbled giddly towards the back of the building where all my stuff was.

There, Aaron and Aiden were sitting exactly how I left them, discussing something.

"Oh, there she is!" Aaron stood up and waved excitedly at me.

"I-uh-h..." The words died in my throat.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Aiden asked, concernedly.

I nodded dumbly, mourning the loss of my intellect.

Aaron motioned to Aiden, and then they both nodded, before Aiden grabbed my bottle of ice-cold water and...

Yeah, I'm sure you guessed it right.

They doused me.

I gasped, as my brain rattled back to life.

"What the hell was that?!"

"Sorry, your stupidity was annoying us."

I growled.

"So, you douse me in freezing water?"

"Well, yeah. Duh."

My traitorous lips gave way, curling themselves into a smile.

"So, why did you become dumb for a few minutes?"

Silence passed, as my face became redder and hotter than should have been possible.

"Wait... Does this have something to do with Keith?" Aiden asked, eyebrows hitting the sky.

"Yep." Aaron answered. "Stop. The. Cow."

"What?" Aiden and I asked.

"What does a cow have to do with anything?"

"Well, I forgot the expression half-way through and had to improvise, so..."

"Wow," Aiden deadpanned. "And a cow is what you came up with?"

"Yes...? Anyways, that's not the point. Darling Kylie, over here, is."

"Oh yeah." Aiden diverted his attention towards me.

"Okay, okay." I bent down to pick up my stuff. "Well, Keith is waiting for me in the lobby. I'll explain on the way."

~~~~~~

Somewhere along the way, Aaron's arm had snaked across my shoulders, and my bottle had gone to Aiden.

So, it was really confusing when I'd reached my final destination.

"What took you so long?" Keith asked, and then he took in my drenched self. "And what happened to you?"

"They did." I replied, motioning to Aiden, and Aaron who still had his arm around my shoulders.

I'm assuming that Keith saw Aaron's arm (of course I could have been wrong), because suddenly, his friendly aura disappeared, and he closed off.

"Uh, Kylie? It's 9. I'm hungry, and I'm tired. Can we go?"

I raised my eyebrow questioningly.

"Sure..." I detached myself from Aaron, and took my bottle from Aiden. "Let's go."

"See you tomorrow?" Aiden asked, smirking at me.

"Of course, why not?"

"Oh nothing... We just assumed..." Aaron winked at me, and then both boys turned around and left.

Uh, what just happened?

"What was that all about?" Keith asked.

Excuse me for saying this, but Keith looked irritated all of a sudden. Almost like he was...

Jealous?

"What was what all about?"

"Aaron. He just winked at you."

"Yeah, that's a daily thing. We wink, we say crap, hell we even hold hands in desperate situations. It's just the way we roll."

A breezed blew through the lobby, making me shiver and wrap my arms around myself, and the lift was still only on the 10th floor.

Keith just have noticed, because he came and stood closer to me, while he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Is-is this okay? Can I do this?" He asked hesitantly.

Touched by his concern for my comfort, I nodded.

"This is fine." I leant into his embrace, noting that he smelled really strongly off shower gel and something softer.

I loved it.

Suddenly, the lift bell dinged, and I groaned.

"I don't want to walk into the lift now!"

Keith laughed at my childishness, before he tightened his grip on my waist, and bent down and wrapped his other arm around the back of my knees, picking me up bridal style.

"Keith!" I squealed, startled.

My hands wrapped themselves around his neck immediately.

"Don't you dare drop me."

"Are you kidding? I benchpress stuff heavier than you!"

Not sure whether to take that as an insult or compliment, I opted to stay silent while the lift shot upwards to my floor.

"Here we are!" Keith said, setting me down outside the lift, before walking out himself.

I immediately began missing his warmth, as I pulled out my keys, and let myself and Keith into the house.

"Okay, here's the deal then." Keith began, a boyish smile over taking his face. "You go shower, and I'll heat up the dinner. Then we can watch a movie or something, because we're absolutely free tomorrow! Sound good?"

"Sounds great!" I grinned back, and ran off to shower.

~~~~~~

"You know, I never thought we'd gel this quickly." Keith said, from across the table.

I looked up from my plate and smiled.

"Neither did I. But, then again wasn't that always the way we were? We'd never let anything get in our way, and if it did, we'd destroy it-"

"Toegther." Keith smiled back at me.

Keith reached over and took my hand.

"I've missed you. I've missed everything about you. And I've missed us, being the way we used to be."

"Stress and care-free."

"No school and no drama."

"Just you and your stupid teasing."

Keith laughed.

"I did do some weird stuff to you, didn't I?"

"The weirdest."

Then there was silence, as Keith and I finished our dinner.

Then, he took my plate from me and put it in the kitchen sink, while I searched for a movie.

"How does a Marvel movie sound?"

"It's sounds like you read my mind."

Keith grinned, dropping himself down on the couch beside me.