1. Friends With Guns. Plastic Ones.

(Kylie's POV)

I groaned and rubbed my head as the bell rang again.

What the hell?! Who could it be at this time?!

I yawned widely, before sitting up and checking my watch.

10:30?!

"I'M COMING, DUDE!" I groaned as I dragged myself out of bed.

I ran my hand through my hair, and then pulled my hoodie over my head, because my hair was a mess, then I unlocked the door and pulled it open.

"Yes?" I asked, lamely, thinking it was a delivery man or something.

"Did you just get up?"

My head shot up, and my eyes opened, properly.

"Ke-Keith?!"

"Hi, Kylie." He waved sarcastically. "Are you going to let me in?"

I blinked.

"Y-yeah."

He gave me an expectant look.

"Oh, sorry!" I moved out of the way and let him in.

"I'm sorry," I yawned like a lion again. "Mum and Dad and Alex left really late last night, and I was up until they left. That's why I'm so tired."

"Really?" An apologetic look flashed across Keith's face. "My parents left this morning. So, I was up early."

"Makes sense. Hey, can you give me a minute? Let me just make my bed and clean up."

"Sure." Keith nodded his head, and I ran inside.

"Make yourself at home!" I called over my shoulder.

I ran around, helter-skelter, finding clothes, settling my room, making my bed, and changing all at once. Which was when I tripped and fell.

Immediately, I heard footsteps, and Keith was suddenly there.

"Are you oka- oh my god." He spun around, quickly.

An embarrassed blush covered my cheeks, making my face feel warm. Of course Keith would find me just as I'm putting my t-shirt on, it's just the way it's meant to be, am I right?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I gently pushed my way past him, and hid in the bathroom.

This cannot freaking be happening!

WHY?! WHY UNIVERSE?! WHY ME?!

I washed my face with cold water, happy with the fact it woke me up, and began brushing my teeth.

Then, just as I was brushing icky bacteria off my tongue, the bell rings.

I groaned, hoping Keith could get the door. Nevertheless, I finished brushing my teeth, and ran out.

"Hey Keith, who was at the d-"

You had got to be kidding me.

"Aaron! Aiden! Hi!" I laughed nervously, rubbing my hands together.

The boys wore identical smirks, which were directed very pointedly, might I add, at me.

"Hi, Kylie." Aaron smiled.

"Coming to play?" Aiden asked, brandishing his blue plastic gun at me.

"Er, Nerf war...?" I looked back and forth between Aiden's gun, and Keith's overnight back-pack.

I made up my mind.

I may not have wanted to spend this whole week with Keith, but I wasn't prepared to be rude by leaving him alone on the first day, itself.

"Uh, sorry. I can't make it. I may come down in the evening, though."

"Okay, whatever you say..." Aaron winked and smirked at me, while Aiden began humming 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from Lion King.

I growled under my breath.

"Okay, time for you to go now, bye bye!" I pulled the door open and shoved them through.

"See you in the evening!" Aaron called, mockingly.

I maturely stuck my tongue out at him before I shut the door in their faces.

"What was that about?" Keith asked, with an adorable look of confusion on his face.

I'm sorry, adorable? Uh, no. Thank you!

"I do not know." I lied.

Of course I knew what it was about, but I wasn't about to go and reveal my secret to Keith.

Uh-uh, no way, Jose!

"So, do you want some breakfast?"

"No, thank you. I've already eaten. I'd like a snack though... Do you have any-"

"Chips?" I asked cutting him off.

Keith frowned.

"I don't eat chips. I'm on a diet."

"Oh, right. Sports person. Fitness... Sorry! I'm sure there's some fruit or something there. Come on, I'll show you."

I led Keith to the kitchen, and let him open the fridge and take whatever he wanted, while I grabbed my cup out of the cupboard, and threw in some sugar and cocoa powder.

Then, I waited for the kettle to boil, while Keith bit into an extremely red apple.

Finally, the water had boiled, and I poured about 90ml of it into my cup, and stirred the whole concoction up.

"So much water for... That?" Keith asked, sceptically.

"Well, yeah. I'm used to making everyone's... Beverages in the morning, so I don't really pay attention to the amount of water I boil."

I took the milk out of the fridge and filled the rest of my cup with it.

Then, I stirred it up again, and gulped it all down.

"Wow... That was... Fast." Keith blinked.

Must he really comment on everything I do?

Still, I smiled and thanked him.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked him, pulling myself onto the kitchen counter.

"I don't know. You want to do Lego, or play a board game or something?"

"Hmm... Yeah, I have a few model cars in my cupboard. We can choose and build if you'd like."

"Sure, why not?"

I slid off the kitchen counter, and moved past Keith to my room, where I pulled out all the Lego I had, and dragged it into the sitting room.

"Here you go, take your pick!"

Keith rummaged through the sets before he finally picked out an SUV, and I picked out a sedan. Then, I put the rest of the Lego away, and we started our building.