11. Romeo And A Lack Of Juliet.

The next day, Keith had decided that he was too good for the instructions our parents had given us.

So, he spent the entire morning at his house, while I did the regulation thing, and stayed at my own to study. Because even though I had holidays, my exams were coming up extremely soon, and I needed to ace these exams if I wanted to pass my grade.

So, I used my super-skill of being able to put aside everything, so I could focus on my studying.

~~~~~~

I was finally interrupted by my phone ringing.

And since I was already three-quarters of the way through my conclusion, I decided to just skip the rest and answer the phone.

I needed the distraction, anyways.

I swiped the call button, and was surprised to find it was a video call.

"Hey."

"Why are you video calling me?"

"What, no 'hi' for your partner?"

I glared at him.

"You saying things like that makes people think you're my boyfriend."

"But, only one of those 'people' matter to you, is that not?" Ryder smirked.

I knew exactly what he meant, and tried to fight down a rogue blush, but I lost.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"Well, I video-called because I know my charm works better if you can see my gorgeous face."

A small smile crept onto my face as I rolled my eyes.

It was clear, common knowledge that Ryder wasn't ugly. In fact, with his sun-tanned skin, blonde hair and addiction to leather, he looked like something straight out of a beach bad-boy book. His aqua-marine eyes glowed brighter than the sun. Even on a bad day.

"You're smiling... I'm right, am I not?"

"Never said you were."

"You didn't need to. It's written all over your face."

"Hmmm, sure."

"So, can I come over? Are you busy?"

Before I could even reply, the door bell rang.

"Why bother even asking?"

"To be polite? Mind answering your door?"

"Yeah, no. I'm just going to make you wait out there."

Suddenly, I heard the keys turning in the lock, and I got up to investigate. Then, just as I reached the doorway of the sitting room, the main door swung open, and Keith and Ryder walked in.

Keith looked at me weirdly.

"Why was Ryder standing outside?"

I shrugged.

"Because I didn't want to let him in?"

"Yeah, because I'm a part time murderer! Mwahahahahah!" Ryder held up his phone like he was going to stab Keith.

"Shut up, Ryder. Just stop." I said, laughing lightly.

"Never!" Ryder lumbered over to me, and wrapped me in a huge hug. "I missed youuuuuu!"

He whined.

I laughed.

"I just saw you yesterday!"

"I know! But my heart has ached with your absence in my life..."

Keith pulled Ryder away from me.

"Okay, Romeo. We're only here for lunch. Let's go."

Keith dragged Ryder to my kitchen, and pulled lunch out of the fridge, while I just stood there.

"Uh, hello?"

"Hey." Keith said, not bothering to look up.

"Am I going to get an explanation as to why mi casa is suddenly tu casa?"

"My casa is not your casa. I just need some lunch, and then I'm dragging lover-boy over here out. We have an..."

"Errand to run." Ryder finished for him.

"Yeah, and that supposed to explain stuff?"

"Yes." Ryder and Keith chorused, like it was obvious.

"Okay, fine. Don't tell me the whole thing. Don't trust me. Do your parents know?"

"Yes. And want do you mean by 'Don't trust me'? You're the one who refuses to disclose your crush's name!"

Ryder looked back and forth between us, before he burst out laughing.

"You-you don't know?!" He shout-laughed at Keith.

"Don't know what?" Keith asked.

I shot an angry yet pleading look at Ryder, who seemed to have ignored me.

"Her crush's name!" A wide smirk took over Ryder's face.

Keith narrowed his eyes at Ryder, and I bit my lip.

This was it. The world's most humiliating rejection. The day he found out, and I died of sheer shock and embarassment.

"Her crush's name is..." Keith leaned forward, and my teeth went deeper into my lip, drawing blood.

"Is..."

"Oh, will you hurry up already?!" Keith shouted, making all of us jump.

"Her crush's name is something only she can disclose because if I do for her, she'll kill me!" Ryder said quickly.

Keith's eyes burned darkly, and for a moment I thought the crisis has been averted, until he turned on me.

He towered over my head, making me back away step-by-step.

"I'm tired of waiting. Am I going to get a name?" He whispered dangerously, leaning down.

"N-No?" I stuttered.

"Wrong answer." Keith moved another step closer, and I backed away.

"I'll ask again. Name?" His voice got lower and more dangerous sounding, and to make matters worse, he brandished the fork in his hand at my face.

"Don't know."

Keith growled, and came even closer. This time, there was no space for me to back away anymore, and my back hit the wall.

Keith's face was half an inch from mine.

Yet, that still didn't seem to satisfy him, and so he took a step closer, making my breath hitch so badly, it hurt.

"What's his name?" Keith asked, his chocolate scented breath fanning over my face.

I panicked.

"You!" I yelped, before smacking my hands hard over my mouth.

Keith straightened immediately, and I released the breath I was holding before I ran into my parents' bedroom and shut and locked the door.

I sank down against the door and curled up.

Oh, what had I done?