Chapter 38 ~ Jitters

Fayette

"Thank you so much for having us." I hugged Elias' family and bid them a goodbye. I'm really going to miss them. I can't believe we have to leave. I already grew a connection with all of his family. But he promised me that he would take me back.

All of our stuff is already in the car. I got Dax comfortable in the backseat. He seems excited to be able to come back with us. I'm also very excited to spoil him. Elias' is saying goodbye to his family as I wait in the car and text Abby saying we are on our way to pick them up.

Elias gets in the car and starts to back up. We waved one last time to his family. It takes everything in me not to cry. Elias rests his hand on my thigh as we drive to Cole's house.

"Ready to go back home?" Elias asks me and I sigh, "Yes and no." I'm sad but I'm glad to be going back home.

We ended up just meeting Abby and Cole at the airport because his parents took them to breakfast so they got an uber to the airport. I didn't know I could be so exhausted from break. Although I'm not looking forward to going back to school.

☁️

"Baby, we're home." I feel someone shaking me out of my sleep. I barely remember getting into the car and sleeping the entire plane ride. I open my eyes and see that we are outside our apartment so I rub my eyes.

"I already put all of our stuff inside, so you're the last thing." I recognized the voice as Elias. I'm too tired to get up but I do so anyway.

I stumble into the apartment, it's so dark that I trip over something. I waddle my way to my room and plop down on my bed. The best part is that I'm wearing sweats and an oversize shirt so I don't have to change.

I get under my covers and try to rest my eyes. But then my door opens and I feel a body on top of me. It's licking my face.

"Elias stop it." I mumble, but the licking doesn't stop. So I open my eyes and see Dax on top of me licking my face, with Elias standing at the door frame. I grumble at Dax for interrupting my sleep but then tuck him into my side.

Elias then shuts my door, I thought he walked out but I guess he didn't because I then feel another body on my other side spooning me. So that Elias is the big spoon, I'm the middle spoon, and Dax is the small spoon.

I hear Elias whisper a 'goodnight' but then I remember nothing else.

☁️

"I'm so freaking tired." I say under my breath as I grab my notes from my locker. Abby is waiting for me so that we can head to Art together.

Yep Abby signed us up for an Art class, and I'm stoked. I have always wanted to do an art class. "Girl, we have been home for a week and you're still tired?" Abby scoffs and I ignore it because I sense a feeling of uncomfort.

And I'm right because coming our way is none other than Dylan and Leo. I would have thought Leo would have been gone by now.  But nope, the moles is still here.

"Ladies." Dylan leans up against the locker. Where's Elias and Cole when you need them? I choose to ignore both of their presents and so does Abby.

"So what are you and Cole going to be doing for your 3 month anniversary?" I ask, trying to change the topic but I would be lying if I said I wasn't doing it to piss off Dylan because I know how much Dylan hates Cole.

"You know what, I'm not sure. He said it was a surprise but honestly he's hinting at a trip." She says getting all excited.

"That seems like fun!" I say forgetting all about Leo and Dylan's presence. "He's also been talking very secretly to Elias, it scares me. Sometimes, Cole will come into our room at night and start to whisper. At that point I have to kick Elias out of bed if they start to talk." She laughs as we start to walk to class.

By now Leo and Dylan are a distant memory. We keep walking till someone clears their throat. And like any other person would, we turn our heads to see Leo and Dylan still on our trail.

"Do you need something? We have to be in class." Abby snaps. Dylan raises his hands in defeat. "We just wanted to talk and say sorry for breaking into your house and threatening you."

Me and Abby burst out laughing. Bending over because the pain in our stomach from laughing so hard.

I swear me and Abby are the same person because once I snap up and get serious, so does she. "Nice try, leave us alone." Abby wraps an arm around me as we walk to class.

We don't hear from them at all for the rest of the week or so. But since Leo is now on the hockey team, he will be at every team party, and that includes EVERY team party. Even a team gets together.

On another note, both mine and Elias' birthdays are coming up. In fact since he is January 28th and I'm February 4th, we are one week apart.

Meaning Elias united one week when I was born. Kind of crazy. But I don't know what to get him because he keeps saying he doesn't want anything but we all know what's going to happen. I'm going to end up buying him something.

I'm thinking maybe a baby goat? He told me he likes goats. I bet I can get my dad to bring one down here.

"What's going on in that pretty head?" I am snapped out of my thoughts when Elias is tapping my head. We are in bed lying down and cuddling. I think Dax got tired of it so that's why he has a whole other bed in the corner of my room.

"Nothing, just thinking about how we are a week apart." He laughs and kisses my head. "It's crazy isn't it?" I nod my head. We say our goodnights to each other and lay down in peace.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear the door open but don't pay attention to it. Next thing I know, Cole is on Elias' side of the bed and whispers. I snap up and glare at Cole through my tired eyes.

"Get out." And I toss a pillow at his face.