CHAPTER 20

Did Don seriously just talk to me like that? Like some worthless piece of shit? A means to an end? He even went back to calling me a whore. The nerve of this man. I was pissed at him but I chose to get up from the bed and go take a shower. I was going to give him my piece of mind as soon as I come across him downstairs.

I went to his closet after showering and I was a bit shocked to see brand new clothes on the hangers, some folded which were exactly my size. I opened the drawer below them and I found only thongs and lace bras. There were even heels, sneakers and sandals. If I didn’t know better, I would say I had moved into his place. I wonder who shopped for these things, or maybe he ordered them online.

Anyways, I applied his lotion, put on a sexy matching lingerie and then an above knee lapel lace-up single breasted black casual dress with black thigh high boots. I made my way downstairs in search for this rude man. Instead I found him but he wasn’t alone. He was with that shwarma guy. The guy smiled and stood up. He extended his hand.

“I am Mfiliseni mina nkosazane, and you are?” I shook his hand.

“I am Azania.”

“Nice to meet you. Can you please do something quick for me to eat before you leave?” I looked at Mfihlo, hoping he would come to my defence. We were fighting but I wasn’t in the mood to entertain one of his friends. “Don’t mind my little brother. Ucelwa yimi makoti.” I looked at Mfiliseni and a small smile spread on my lips.

“You are Don’s brother?” he scoffed.

“You also call him by that name?” he questioned. He didn’t seem to like it. I chuckled.

“I call him with whatever name I like. Depending on my moods.” He snickered. “I thought you were eating when we came in, how come you’re hungry now?”

“A real man is never full, makoti. If you know what I mean.” He winked and I laughed as I caught on.

“I will be in the kitchen then.” I said as I turned.

“Don’t burn your weave in there. Ask for help if you need it.” I laughed, shaking my head as I headed to the kitchen.

I was really angry at Don but his brother did nothing. So I didn’t wanna take out my frustrations on the strange man who was seemingly friendly towards me. I also wanted to impress him because I knew he took me for a slay queen who couldn’t even fry an egg.

I put on an apron and opened the fridge and cupboard to check on what I could make based on the ingredients available. I quickly did chicken satay and while it was on the oven, I took out Sirloin steak and marinated it. I smiled when I saw garlic bread in the fridge. I took it out and placed it on the island. I was going to serve it with the steak. When the chicken satay was done, I dished it up in small plates and placed it in a tray with two bottles of beer. I went to serve them in the kitchen. Mfiliseni smiled a bit.

“Relax bhuti. These are just starters, just so you don’t go hungry while waiting for the food.” I said as I placed the tray on the coffee table.

“This one is a keeper, Hlo. Don’t let go of her.” Mfiliseni said nudging his brother and smiled at me. “Thank you makoti.”

I went back to the kitchen. I grilled the rolls. I then cooked the steak, making sure it was well done. While waiting for it to cook, I quickly prepared the Greek salad and put on the salad dressing. I finished everything and went to set up in the dining for both of them. I even placed a bottle of wine, even though I knew there was a slight chance of them not drinking it. Zulu men.