CHAPTER 40

“God, Wes is impossible. Can you believe he turned down the idea of me buying my own material for my boutique? The nigga just said I should write down what I need and his men will go pick it up. When I told him I had the money he gave me, he just said it was for my own pleasure not business related. He is such a pain in the ass.” I laughed at her nice life problems. I missed my best friend so much and her traveling all over the world made it difficult for us to connect. “God, you’re laughing at my misery.” Good to know she hadn’t discarded her dramatic behaviour.

“If he wants to do this for you babe, let him do it. You know how men love being in control. And Wes has too much money to waste.” She chuckled and shook her head.

“But I gotta admit his team found beautiful high quality products and some special gems. I am telling you, friend, I am going to take the South African lingerie business to the next level. I already have so many sketches. The moment I come back, I will design the first line. After launching it, I will then hire people to work for me.”

“How I would love to be your model, but I know Don wouldn’t agree.”

“Plus babe you have that exquisite body but I don’t wanna cross Don again. I will go to the strip club and get a few strippers to work for me. I will make it worth their while.” I smiled.

“It’s good to see you wanting to help our former colleagues.”

“Our previous occupation shouldn’t be a permanent thing. We should try by all means to enrich those we left behind. We should never forget them, even if we weren’t close friends with them.”

“Thank Wes’s dick for me. It has made your wise.” She raised her middle finger and I chortled.

“What’s up with you and Don, anyways? I saw your Instagram story and his but I just wanted to confirm that my eyes aren’t deceiving me.” I giggled and rolled my eyes. Earlier he took me out for breakfast and then we went jewelry shopping. He got me a very expensive watch and whole we were having lunch, one of his men came in carrying a white elegance rose bouquet wrapped in money. I melted. Not because of the money, but the gesture. It made me blush and many people were looking at us.

“I finally decided to give him a chance. For real this time and he is treating me like a queen. I am happy, babe. I am in love with him.” she screamed and kissed the screen, making me laugh.

“I am happy for you babe. You deserve happiness.”

“Are you coming to Khosi’s fashion show?”

“That’s Don’s sister, right?” I nodded. “Yeah, Wes and I are coming. Our outfits are ready. We will fly down the day before, rest and then attend the fashion show. I will also have brunch with you the next morning. We can get drinks and ditch our men for the day.” I chuckled.

“That sounds like a plan. I can’t wait to see you. I love you.”

“I love you more babes.” we hung up and I started getting ready for my night out. I told Don about it and he thought it was a good idea that I was giving Snakho a chance.