chapter 6

Savoring the warmth of honey tea under the gentle caress of sunlight paints the perfect image of a serene and invigorating day. Yet, the tranquility I envisioned shattered as I sat across the mysterious hybrid creature's baby.

Despite the golden-eyed, black-haired little boy sitting before me, an air of unrest lingered. His cold demeanor quickly gave way to a smug expression, awaiting praise for forming a contract with me during a desperate moment.

Sipping the honey tea, I couldn't help but contemplate the nature of the bond we forged. A contract necessitates mutual consent, yet I couldn't shake the uncertainty surrounding the subconscious approval that allowed it to happen.

"Speak, what is your purpose?" I inquired, breaking the silence that lingered between us.The boy remained silent, golden eyes flickering with an enigmatic gleam.

Suddenly, a wave of thoughts rushed through my mind.

"Master, I like it if we talked this way."

Master? The title resonated through my thoughts, and I found myself questioning the peculiar connection between us.

"Status!" I demanded, and as I scrolled through the information, my fingertip stopped at the prominent letters spelling out...

                          Lavargon

                        Age: 12
                        Level: 10
                        Mana: 200,000/354,000
                        Skills: ??
                        Aptitude: ??

Under contract

The revelation confirmed the hybrid nature of this enigmatic creature. Its power, evident even at level 10, left me astounded.
Yet, my attempts to explore its skills and aptitude were met with a simple solution — I needed to increase its level.

"Is that so..." I mused, pondering the depth of this newfound connection.

"What is your name?" I questioned, only to receive an unexpected response.

"I don't have one, but you can name me, Master," the boy replied, unveiling a peculiar lack of identity.

Contemplating a fitting name, I suggested "Levi," prompting a surprised reaction from the boy. Even Gale, my spiritual companion, was taken aback. The naming process unfolded in a surprisingly swift manner, leaving me to wonder about the significance of this newfound association.

"You are not a complete dragon nor a leviathan... Does that make you stronger or less?" I probed, seeking insight into the hybrid's true nature.

"It doesn't make me any less strong, but to be greater than that... now depends on you. Since I'm bound to you, the stronger you get, the more powerful I, too, will become," the boy explained, unveiling the symbiotic nature of our connection.

With a thoughtful nod, my mind raced with the implications of this partnership. Little did I realize that this unforeseen bond would reshape my path and responsibilities.

Now accompanied by the boy, I faced the realization that I could no longer stay at the Inn. The walls had ears, and the suspicious gazes of my fellow innmates made discretion impossible. Determined to find a place of our own, I headed towards the guild, where opportunities awaited.