chapter 22

The grand mansion stands as the focal point of the vast island, its imposing facade a testament. Flanked by two long side buildings, it exudes an aura of solitude and exclusivity, the only inhabited structure amidst the sprawling landscape.

Inside, the room where the two girls sit is elegantly appointed, with tall windows offering panoramic views of the surrounding gardens and shimmering coastline beyond. The decor is a blend of classic elegance and modern comfort, with plush velvet drapes framing the windows and intricately carved wooden furniture adding a touch of old-world charm.

The girls themselves are a study in contrast, one with fiery red hair that seems to reflect the warmth of the hearth, while the other is adorned in silver, her demeanor regal and poised. As they discuss the next course, their voices mingle with the soft rustle of leaves outside, creating an atmosphere of serene tranquility in this secluded haven.

"Our next phase"

"Recruitment of talents," Eva began, her voice carrying a hint of determination. "We need to expand our circle, find those whose skills can complement our goals."

Ser, intrigued, leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "But how do we identify these individuals? How do we know?"

Eva smiled knowingly, reaching into the folds of her gown to produce a delicate locket. With a graceful motion, she pushed it forward, its silver gleam catching the light.

"What's this?" Ser asked, her eyes narrowing with curiosity as she examined the intricate design.

"It's a locket," Eva replied, her tone tinged with reverence. "A possession of my mother."

As Eva opened the locket, revealing the image of a stunning woman with silver hair and piercing blue eyes, Ser couldn't help but be mesmerized by her beauty.

"Your mother," Ser remarked, her voice filled with admiration. "She's truly captivating."

Eva nodded, a fond smile playing at her lips. "She had a unique talent," she explained. "The ability to perceive someone's deepest desires. I inherited that gift from her, though mine manifests in the form of colorful auras with limited range."

She pointed to a small blue gem nestled within the locket. "This gem amplifies my abilities," she continued. "With it, I can sense desires from miles away, even while sitting here."

Ser's fascination deepened as she listened to Eva's explanation. "That's incredible," she breathed, her mind racing with the possibilities of such a gift.

"Fascinating indeed," Ser remarked, her admiration for Eva's abilities growing with each passing moment.

Their conversation took a poignant turn as Eva hinted at the serendipitous nature of their meeting. "Meeting you wasn't a coincidence," she confessed, her gaze meeting Ser's with unwavering intensity.

Ser's brow furrowed in confusion, her mind reeling at the implications of her words. "What do you mean?" She asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Eva's eyes sparkled with hidden meaning as she revealed her insight into Ser's desires. "I sensed your aura," she explained. "A burning red, fueled not by revenge, but by passion. You loved your talent, yet it was cast aside for reasons beyond your control."

Ser's breath caught in her throat as Eva's words struck a chord deep within her. It was as if she had peered into her soul, revealing truths she had long kept hidden from the world.

"You were my first talent," Eva admitted, her voice soft but resolute. "And I knew from the moment we met that our paths were intertwined."

Ser's mind raced with a flurry of emotions as she grappled with the weight of Eva's revelation.