3. Stairway to Heave Your Pain

~~ Entrance of the human village. Noon.~~

--- Reisen's PoV ---

After feeling this burning sensation on my hand, there's no doubt about it. It was an Incident. Invesgating the ground, I noticed it wasn't wet from the rain that seemingly been pouring on it for the last hour or so. Which was good, if it had an impact on the terrain the villagers might have had to move. As for the sky, the cloud was perfectly in line with the village's boundery, meaning whoever made it only wanted to target the village. Despite its apperance, the cloud was unusually low it was overing about 30 meters above the village.

I had my doubt about (Y/N) earlier, but he was telling the truth. Although I still suspected he's hiding something, though he didn't exactly said it, he's a Yokai hiding in a human filled place I couldn't ignore that. And that spellcard he threw during our fight, I swore I heard it before, but I couldn't pinpoint from where. Then again just because he's hiding something, that didn't mean he's a bad person, he seemed really attached to his 'Boss' and his job. I'll just have to keep me eye on him. In fact, he couldn't go home with the incident still on going, so making him go with me at Yokai Mountain, will both keeping him safe and remove any suspicion I had.

I looked at him, he patiently waited for my next action. "We're going to Yokai Mountain." I informed.

(Y/N): "W-We?! Why do I have to go? I'm supposed to give my Boss the medicine." He exclaimed.

I smiled with empathy. "I know, but the rain, well the humidity for that matter, isn't really the best for the pills Master Eirin gave you. They would be way weaker if you get them wet. So it would be better if you came with me." I recommended. He looked at me, squinting his eyes for a moment, then at the meds he had in his hands.

(Y/N): "I did get them for the Boss... I doubt she would want them weak..." He mumbled to himself, putting them back in his pocket. "I guess I could come with you..." He agreed quietly.

I chuckled. "Very well. Let's get going!" I pointed in direction of Yokai Mountain, he turned to where I was pointing. "Oh! And don't worry, if anyone tries to attack us, I'll be dealing with them." I said in a teasing manner, with a wink.

(Y/N): "Need I remind you, I won our fight?" He retorted.

I giggled. "What? You want to do the fights by yourself then? I don't mind~." I leaned forward to him, and he dropped a sweat. "Like I said, sure you know how to defend yourself, but you're far too weak to fight." He looked down defeated. "Don't beat yourself down, okay? You DID won after all." He seemed pleased to hear that. "Now come on! We have a rain to stop."

We made our way to the mountain, (Y/N) quietly following me, he seemed lost. Not lost in thoughts, simply lost. He gazed at the area around us, then quickly ran up to me when he noticed he was a bit far behind me. He acted like a wandering and curious little kid. We were just a the foot of the mountain, so to get to the top we needed to go through The Great Yokai Forest. It was a dark place as dark as the Bamboo forest was, but unlike it you needed to stay on your guard, you might not know what could be lurking in the shadows. Despite being spring, the leaves of the trees up above were in a bright shade of orange, though odd, I must say it gave some charm to the place.

Suddenly, the bushes to our right started to move, I promptly put myself in front of (Y/N). A head of a green haired lady poked out of it and quickly came back down. After a few seconds, I told (Y/N) to follow me closely. Some distance later the bushes ruttled again, the same lady as before ran out of them to block our way, she wore a dark red dominant dress and a lot of rubans of the same color.