11. Feel Her

Day #1

~~ Hakurei Shrine. Morning. ~~

--- Clownpiece's PoV ---

Today was a bit more chilly than usual... I was trying to sunbath on the shrine's roof but no luck, clouds kept blocking the sun. Spring was such a great season for lifeforces, but man was it chaotic for the weather. I sighed, I might as well switch to my winter clothes and use my torch for warmth. I hopped down the roof and went down my Hell hole to retreive them... Actually... Miss Reimu wasn't here, she won't even know if I borrow a blanket. Hehe!

I slid open the door and... Bleh! The worst smell imaginable got into my nose, one you could only smell in Hell! I knew Miss Reimu left for like... Two weeks? But still! I gagged, quickly went to the pile of clothes in the corner and grabbed the first blanket I saw and ran out of the room. I gasped for fresh air to get rid of the lingering smell of rotten meat in my nose. Sheesh! What could have made such a disgusting odor? Ack! Even standing this far from the room, the smell managed to find its way to me! I must get out of the line of fire!

I ran to the back of the shrine in a coughing fit. Miss Reimu wasn't here for a while now, maybe all her food had just spoiled and created something this pungent. Bleh! Good thing I'd left the door open then!

Once I caught my breath, I put on the blanket I had in hand over my shoulder. Despite being on the lighter side, yes it was enough to protect me from the cold. Hehe! If I found a good enough place, I could make myself comfortable... Well I was in front of my Hell hole, my makeshift bedroom was just a somewhat long staircase away... Well I wasn't really planning on anything today. (Y/N) was back at the village, probably working to his heart's content, Star was off with Lily to 'Bring Spring Spirit', I was pretty sure Sunny and Luna were still mad at me; Yesterday, they weren't pleased to lend us their maid costumes to help (Y/N)... I supposed I could also pay — whatever that ice fairy name was — a visit, but I rather not just spend my whole day arguing with her over 'Who's the strongest?'; I sadly had no idea where to find Larva, and I hadn't seen her since last summer, when we fought the God of Chairs, that she could be anywhere... So spending a day alone didn't bother me at all.

Luna: "Hey Piece!" I heard her call out from behind me, she was at the door of her treehouse. "Want to have a war?"

"A war?" Like a fairy war? I rather not stoop to the level of that ice fairy.

Luna: "Yeah! Sunny and I found a pack of cards in our attic." She lifted her hand, pointed to her living-room with her thumb.

...

Oh! The card game!

...

Hold on, they wanted to play with me?! Despite what happened yesterday?! No grudges? How sweet! Way better than being alone all day!

~~

~ Fairies of Light's Treehouse, Living-room. ~

The cold was also present here, no wonder Sunny and Luna were wearing their winter clothes, granted the gloves were a bit too much, the blanket I had was enough to keep me warm.

Sunny: "Okay so!" She set down the pack of cards on the table, while Luna and I were sitting at the other side "There's just fifty-one cards, but that shouldn't be a problem!" She began to half-hazardously shuffle the deck of cards. "Do I need to remind ya the rules, or are we good to start?"