9 (Part 2). Something to Crow About

~~ Moriya Temple. Evening. [After the Ending scene of Chapter 3] ~~

--- Sanae's PoV ---

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned. I was in a futon in the living room of the shrine. "What happened...?" I asked weakly, my voice slightly muffled by the pillow in front of it, thinking either Suwako or Kanako were here to answer. By the lack of response I slowly sat up on my bed, next to me was the kotatsu, I could see the remanence of a little tea party and a half-full bottle of sake. I rubbed the back of my head confused. "I don't remember drinking... Where is every-Ow!" I wasn't expecting to have a bump here...

Let's see, I remembered I was welcoming a follower by bringing him some tea... and I knocked myself out when I tripped... How embarrassing! W-was the follower still there? I hoped I didn't ruin it for temple... I sighed anxious. Just then, the sliding door of the room opened, letting me see Miss Kanako and the night started to settle.

Miss Kanako: "Ah! Good evening, Sanae." She said in a soft voice, she wore a confident smile.

"Good evening Kanako!" I responded back smiling, I hadn't seen her since this morning when launched the spell. Miss Kanako opened the door evening more for us to appreciate the spring night breeze, sat to the other side of the kotatsu of me, and inspected the bottle of sake.

Miss Kanako: "You had fun with Suwako?" She asked to herself, as she poured herself a glass of sake. "Don't mind if I do." She joked, as she enjoyed her drink, before suddenly spitting it out and when on a coughing fit, I gasped surprised. "What the hell is in this thing?!" She asked inspecting the bottle closer, while I hastily went up to clean the mess on the table. She muttered something to herself, before noticing me wiping the table with a cloth. "Don't bother yourself Sanae, I'll take care of it." I stopped and gave her the cloth, I looked at her cleaning the table, she seemed to be on a good mood tonight, despite her spoiled drink. Normally she would have been a bit more demanding, and a bit more critical of my cleaning abilities. Seeing her this calm was quite unusually. Was... she humming a song?

"Are you feeling okay Kanako?"

Miss Kanako: "Of course I am! Is there a problem with that?" She exclaimed a fakely offended. I shook my head hesitantly. "I just saw that buddhist monk, you fought a while back, dispeled our cloud."

"..." I looked at her confused. "I'm not sure why this makes you happy."

Miss Kanako: "I'll admit, I was annoyed at first. However, I heard the snicker of that tengu reporter, and she said 'Well well well! The peaceful magician bringing chaos to villagers! That's a scoop!' all highly perched up in a tree." She told with a sly smile. "Do you know what that means Sanae?"

"That means Miss Aya is bad at her job?"

Miss Kanako: "Well of course, but we've all known that even before the dawn of Gensokyo. That means we don't even have to come up with a lie, knowing her she will surely put it in the headline." She explained. "There were little to no incident solver I presume." She stated confidently.

"There was just Miss Reisen from Eientei." I informed.

Miss Kanako: "Ha!" She clapped her hands. "That's even better, I doubt anyone in Gensokyo would believe that moon rabbit!" She laughed, before pondering for a moment. "Tomorrow, I'll inform the tengus and the kappas about our upcoming festival, you'll take care of the followers."