8. Run Through

~~ (Y/N)'s house. Noon.~~

--- (Y/N)'s PoV ---

As Shion was happily eating what Boss made for us, I stared down at the bento box in front of me. I had too much my mind to actually eat right away. Marisa said I wasn't in trouble because of my past in Hell which removed some weight off me, however even if I knew I shouldn't think about it, this made me wonder what actually happened. And now knowing that Clownpiece was actually here too, only added to it.

Clownpiece said she was put on a mission after the moon... Could this mission have been... to find me and to get me back? She did say she tried to get 'the Boss's help'... No, that couldn't be it, she could a bit of a loose cannon, but when she's on a mission she tried to stick to it. She would have done her job after we played. So whatever her mission was it must have nothing to do with me. And in thus it must mean, Hecatia didn't care for me being here in the first place... As much as that it was a bit heartbreaking, that meant I won't have to worry about leaving Boss...

So... I actually had nothing to worry about? My past wasn't a problem, I took care of the Sakuya situation, and as long as I kept in line with those spellcard rules, I'll be fine... Come to think of it, maybe that dirt threw in her eyes was against it... Well as long as no one mention it I'll be fine, and even if that happens, it wouldn't be hard to get away with it.

I heaved a sigh of relief, and opened the bento. Inside was an assortment of triangle shaped sandwiches with different toppings, and on the side was a small compartment for a salad with a sliced slice of tomato. This bento was more of light meal, I wasn't really that hungry, but it would be better to eat it before it goes bad. I took one of the sandwiches and bit into it, though the toppings inside were good as always I could tell the bread was a bit on the old and soggy side.

Shion: "This is so good!" She said with her mouth full. I could see she already almost finished her meal. "H-hey... Is it... okay if I have an other one? I'm still hungry..." She shyly asked.

"I see no problem with that." She excitedly got up and went to get another bento box for herself. She quickly got back to her seat and opened it, it seemed to be the same as her previous one, but with steak instead of fish. She began to eat a bit of the vegetables.

Shion: "Hey... so are you going to work today?" She asked with her mouthful. "You woke up kinda late today."

"Well Boss gave me the day off."

Shion: "Really? And what are you going to do today then?"

"I didn't have anything in mind for today..." What should I do today?... Boss just gave me this day off, so I'll have to work tomorrow, I won't be able to do anything too long and by the looks of it, it seemed to be noon already. Boss allowed me to learn puppetry with Alice so I could pay her a visit to start, and since the shrine was on the way, I could also make a small detour to see Clownpiece. Boss also told me to warn her before hand. "I'll probably visit a someone..." I mumbled. Shion looked surprised at first, then chuckled a bit.

Shion: "Make sense." She whispered. "Don't worry about me, I'll just stay here for the day." She reassured.

"Are you sure?"

Shion: "I... feel like you should be alone for your visit."

Not sure what she meant by that, she must have her reasons. Probably the same as why she disappeared earlier. "If that's what you want."

That pretty much ended our conversation. I could talk to her about yesterday, but I doubt she would actually care since she didn't ask about it when she saw me when I got back home yesterday. As for now, we kept eating our lunch in silence. The sogginess of bread became more and more annoying as I kept eating, as if it became more and more present as I ate. I couldn't get past the fifth one, I set it down and closed the bento, I wasn't the one to throw away food, but in this case it would be a 'spoiled food' and Boss always said to throw those in the trash. I got up and did so, I left the now empty bento box to the side of the others on the counter, I'll bring the empty boxes to Boss when we'll be done with each meal. "I'll get going." I said before heading to the door. "Not sure when I'll get back, probably not as late as yesterday." I informed as I opened the door.