Chapter 6 💥🧡

Y/N Pov:

Slowly, I stood up while cradling my stomach and chest. I heard a crack when Aika was punching me, so I'm pretty sure that I have at least one broken rib.

It was torture to breathe, but I forced a fake happy face and struggled to walk off of the school grounds normally.

As soon as there was no one on the sidewalks around me, I let myself limp. I wasn't going to tell my parents what happened. I couldn't do that to them again. Thankfully, they'd both be at work until later tonight.

I could see my house, but then I also saw Bakugou walking down the sidewalk.

I moved as quickly as I could, trying desperately not to gasp for breath. Bakugou was about a fourth of a block away when I unlocked my house and slipped inside.

I grabbed a big t-shirt and a pair of black leggings from the dryer on my way to the bathroom.

I was putting on the shirt when I got a good look at my stomach. It was covered in bruises, and the left side of my ribcage was a mess of black and purple.

I pulled the shirt down and limped to the couch.

 It hurt so much! You always take the things like breathing for granted, but when they get taken away from you, it sucks!

I just lay on the couch, trying to convince myself that I'd be okay.

Bakugou Pov:

That was Y/N, right? Why was she limping?

I unlocked the door to my house and dropped off my bag before walking back out.

I'd go check on her. Only because the hag would be mad if I didn't!

I marched up to her door and rang the doorbell.

No answer.

I pounded on the door as loudly as I could.

"Open the door, Y/N! I know you're in there! I saw you limp in!"

I was banging on the door when it finally opened, and there was Y/N with an obviously fake smile on her face.

"Drop the fake smile. Why were you limping?"

Her eyes widened.

"Limping? I wasn't limping."

Of course, she was going to be difficult about this. 

"I saw it, Y/N."

"Maybe you need to get your eyes checked."

I saw that her left arm wasn't moving at all, so I grabbed it and moved it slightly to the side.

Her face contorted in pain, and her already weird breathing got even worse.

"I knew it! You're hurt!"

It was like she gave up trying to hide it. She clutched her ribs and her breathing was heavy.

"What hurts?"

"My ribs and my stomach. It hurts really bad to breathe! I think I have at least one broken rib."

"You don't want anyone to know about this, right?"

Her eyes widened and she grabbed my arm.

"Please don't tell anyone! I can't put my parents through all of this again!"

So that's why they moved.

"I won't tell your parents, but come on."

I could tell that she was in no condition to be walking, I don't even know how she got home, so I picked her up. I was holding her bridal style while both of our faces turned red.