Chapter 16 💥🧡

Bakugou Pov:

I knew that I'd made a mistake the second that I let go of Y/N.

I raced down the hallway, desperately trying to find her.

She would've wanted to leave, right?

I was sprinting towards the exit when I fan right into Weird Hair.

I tried to run around him, but he grabbed my arm.

"What's wrong, Bakubro?"

"LET GO OF ME!"

I fought at his grip, and when he wouldn't let me go, I aimed a small explosion at him.

When he got hit, the look of betrayal hurt me to my core, but I couldn't let Y/N leave!

I left Kirishima standing in the hallway with a small burn mark on his arm. He hadn't hardened because, for some reason, he didn't think that I'd hurt him!

I ran into the parking lot and searched for the car that I'd seen in the driveway so many times.

I still hadn't found it when I accidentally ran into Y/N's parents.

"Oh, Bakugou, do you know what happened to Y/N? She wanted to leave for some reason which is weird because she was so proud of herself!"

I felt my stomach churn as they gazed at me intently.

"Where is she?! I need to talk to her!"

I was panicking at this point. I couldn't let her hate me!

"Bakugou, you said that you need to talk to her. Was this your fault?"

Y/N's mom quizzed me and my heart dropped.

"Is this your fault, Bakugou?"

"It is, but just let me talk to her!"

Their expressions turned dark, and for the first time in my life, I felt intimidated.

"If you're the one who hurt her, we won't let you do it again. Now leave!"

They stood in between me and the direction of their car.

"Please. Just let me talk to her."

"No. You should leave, Bakugou."

I didn't leave. I needed to talk to her!

Once they realized that I wasn't leaving, they left instead, and I knew better than to follow them.

I just watched with a frown on my face because I knew that they wouldn't let me near her ever again.

Y/N Pov:

I heard the doors unlock as I wiped at my eyes.

My parents took their seats, and without saying a word, they started the car and left the parking lot.

I tried to calm myself down, but I just couldn't stop the tears from leaking out.

"Y/N... Bakugou really wanted to talk to you, but we told him to leave. Is that what you wanted?"

"Yeah. I don't want to see him ever again."

My mom reached her hand out towards me, but I just couldn't bring myself to let anyone touch me.

Mom had a sad smile on her face as she pulled her hand back.

We'd all been here before.

I trusted someone... and then it turns out that they were lying the whole time.

The car ride was silent until my dad pulled into our driveway and looked back at me.

"You performed well, Y/N. Your mom and I are very proud of you."