Sudden Engagement

(POV:Reader)

I sat at the desk in my room, it was dimly lit and dark. The only light source was the very small sunlight that seeped through the dark clouds that covered it. I opened a sketchbook and began to draw a butterfly that I had in a small glass display.

After I finished drawing it I signed my name and opened the window. I took the dome off of the display and let the butterfly go. I watched as it flew out the window fluttering through the sky. Making its way around the town to who knows where.

-"I wish I could leave" I mumbled quietly to myself.

But of course I couldn't. I had to get married today, mother and father would have me hanged if I left. I don't even know the person I'm gonna marry...but mother and father want me to marry him to help our financial situation. And as much as I didn't want to marry a total stranger, I had to, because I didn't have much of a choice or say in the matter.

The loud door knocking startled me, I almost fell from my chair. I walked to the door and opened it a bit to see who it was.

-"It's me, dear, I'm here to help you get ready for the rehearsal" Hildegarde, our family maid, although to me she was more of a mother than my real mother was.

-"Oh, come in" I opened the door wider to let her in.

-A Few Hours Later-

(POV:Reader)

Hildegarde had finished doing my hair, she had styled it into a tight bun. Now she was putting a corset on me, it felt as if my rib cage was being crushed along with my lungs and stomach.

-"I-I can't b-breath" I gasped out, while struggling to take small breaths.

-"I'm sorry dear, but your mother said-"

-"Your mother said the tighter the better, you can breathe after you're married" mother had walked in along with father.

-"B-but I don't want to get married to a-a total str-anger"

-"Ha! As if that has anything to do with marriage"

-"It doesn't?" I asked, quite timidly.

-"Do you suppose your father and I knew each other before being married, do you think we like each other?"

-"Surely you must, a little?"

-"Of course not" they answered at the same time and rather harshly.

-"Now, get that corset laced properly, I can still hear you breathing properly" with that said she left along with my father.

-"Y-you're not gonna tighten it anymore...are you?" I looked at her with pleading eyes.

-"Of course not dear, I don't want you mother complaining that you've fainted, I also want you to breathe" she giggled a bit and walked to the closet to get a dress.

-"Thank you so much for helping me get ready" I thanked her as she zipped the dress.

-"It's my pleasure Y/n, don't feel too bad, they only want what's best for you" she tied the top button.

-"Make sure you don't leave this room until you are called, or your mother will have a fit" she gave me a sad smile before leaving.

-"Yeah...only what's best for me..." I sighed and patted my dress down.

-"I really hope he's a nice person" I sat on the chair by the vanity and tried to loosen the tightly tied bun a bit, carefully.

(A/N):

Yay! New story! 

I hope you guys enjoy this story!

I also wanted to thank you for all the reads on my other story's, it means a lot that you guys enjoy them.

Bye!