Piano Melodies

(POV:Reader)

I could hear bit's of the conversation downstairs, Victor's mother was truly a loud and a bit outspoken person, and his father...I'm not even sure if he was there. I never heard his voice. I backed away from the door but a soft piano melody caught my attention.

-"I know I'm not supposed to go down but..." mother knows I'm a forgetful person, so if I just happen to forget I wasn't supposed to go downstairs nothing bad will happen.

I walked down the grand, and dark staircase, as quietly as possible. It was truly a struggle, I'm so glad Hildegarde didn't tie the corset any more. I walked up to the person who was playing the piano. He must have been concentrating on playing the piano because he almost fell when he noticed I was there.

-"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" I apologized and fixed the vase he had almost dropped.

-"D-do forgive me"

-"You play very beautifully..."

-"I-I do apologize, Miss Everglot"

-"Y/n"

-"What?"

-"You don't have to call me Miss Everglot, Y/n, is fine"

-"Oh..."

-"I apologize, how rude of me to well...play without asking"

-"It's alright, I appreciate you playing the piano, I used to love doing it, but mother won't let me near the piano now, she says it's unladylike"

-"If I may ask, Mi-Y/n, where is your chaperon?"

-"She's preparing things...for the umm..."

-"Wedding?"

-"Yes" I sat down on the piano stool, placing my fingers over the piano keys as if I were playing.

-"Since I was a child, I've always dreamt of my wedding day..."

-"Falling in love with someone I truly cared about and marrying them eventually..."

-"Silly isn't it?" I laughed dryly, not looking anywhere else but the piano keys.

-"Yes, silly" I turned to him, looking at him confused, until he realized what he said.

-"No! No, not at all...no" he sat down next to me, resting his elbow on the piano top and knocking the vase once more.

-"Oh, dear, I'm sorry" he picked up the vase, setting it to its place while I picked up the small flower. We stood up and I handed the flower to him, our faces were inches apart.

-"What impropriety is this!" mother gasped, aloud as she walked in.

-"You shouldn't be alone together!"

-"Come at once!" mother pulled on my hand harshly as she dragged me off to the carriage, to go to the church. I waved Victor goodbye, and he smiled, but was eventually dragged away too.

-In the Carriage-

(POV:Reader)

-"Improper, Irresponsible, Unladylike, girl!" as soon as we got into the carriage, mother had been quick to scold me.

-"You better not mess up your vows!" father yelled at me.

-"It would be so shameful, embarrassing, dishonoring!" mother continued.

-"Yes, mother" I kept my head down, playing with my dress as they continued to scold me, until we arrived.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!