Wedding Gift

(POV:Reader)

-"I-I want to go home" I whispered, ever so quietly.

-"But this is your home"

-"I-I want to go back to my parents, I can't do this again, I was against being married to a person I didn't know"

-"At least I knew their name, we are married and I don't know yours" it was true, I wasn't even married to Victor, but I knew his name, at least.

-"Emile"

-"Oh..." I returned to my silence.

-"Oh! I almost forgot, I got you a wedding gift" he placed a dark colored box, with a back ribbon on my lap.

-"Thank you..." I looked at the box awkwardly and shook it, a clattering sound was heard on the inside.

-"You can open it, it won't hurt you" he chuckled.

-"..." I opened the box and it was...bones? The box fell from my lap, onto the floor and arranged itself into a skeleton dog.

-"Luna?...Luna!" I had picked up the collar and read the name, and was surprised to know it was my old deceased dog.

-"How did you find her? It's been years since I've seen her" I petted her, it was a weird feeling to pet a dog without it's fluffy fur.

-"Thank you so much, but I'm afraid she'll have to stay with you, I have to go home"

-"But this is your home"

-"My other home, and we can't get married. I'm engaged, I have to help my family" of course I didn't want to get married so quickly without knowing Victor fully, but I really wanted to help my family so...

-"Well I'm afraid it's too late, we're already married" he held my hand, in a way showing off the wedding band on his finger.

-"But my marriage was the only way my family could survive, without my marriage they'll be out on the streets!"

-"You don't have to worry about that anymore"

-"But I do, don't you understand, it'll be all my fault, my parents won't have anything if I don't marry"

-"I'm sure they'll be-"

-"You haven't met them you don't know them...but you should"

-"It would give me time to explain the situation too"

-"What a fantastic idea!" he smiled, happily hugging me.

-"But how would we get there?" I asked, and suddenly Luna began to bark.

-"What is it Luna?" he asked her as her barking continued.

-"Oh no, we couldn't possibly...well when you put it like that"

-"What...what is she saying?"

-"Elder Gutknecht, darling, he can help"

(A/N):

A bit late for the update but I got busy with movie night today. We watched Shrek and the whole time I kept thinking of how I could turn it into an x Reader. My goodness, I'm going insane.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!