nineteen;

[song above: Camilo's Interlude]

third perspective;

As soon as the two arrived at their destination, Camilo grabbed his blanket and wrapped it around (Y/N) who was sitting on his bed, wiping their runny nose with their ruana.

"I'm sorry about my mama, she was just stressed, you know?"

Camilo apologized and shapeshifted into his mother, (Y/N) sighed and nodded their head to show that they understood, why should Camilo apologize? he didn't do anything to offend them.

"why are you shapeshifting into Mirabel?"

(Y/N) asked, confused at the sight of Mirabel, 'Mirabel's' face heats up and shapeshifted back to Camilo.

"I-I'm sorry, I just like her...you know? oh, and Luisa! she's super strong, It's fun to shapeshift to her"

Camilo awkwardly sat next to (Y/N) who's eyes widen, how are they so blind?!
Clearly, Camilo had his own problems—a serious one too.

"you're having identity crisis, aren't you?"

(Y/N) furrowed their eyebrows and placed a hand on Camilo's lap, the look on Camilo's face made (Y/N)'s heart ache, they were right.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Camilo's eyes blinked before tears ran down his cheeks, Camilo wrapped his blanket around himself and snuggled next to (Y/N) while sobbing.

"I-I didn't want you to worry"

Camilo wiped his tears with his sleeves and rested his head on (Y/N)'s chest while (Y/N) tucked a strand of curly hair behind his ear.

"of course I'm worried, what do you think I'm doing now?"

The girl asked, it was the first time they saw Camilo genuinely sad or even crying for that matter. (Y/N) didn't know what to do but to comfort Camilo, he'd done it a thousand times for them, it's time that they return the favor.

"Camilo...you know I love you, right?"

(Y/N) whispered, Camilo nodded but not looking at (Y/N).

"that's right"

(Y/N) grabbed Camilo's shoulders and made him look at them, Camilo stared at (Y/N) in awe while they gave a small smile.

"I love you for you!"

Camilo furrowed his eyebrows, looking away from (Y/N).

"you mean my shapeshifting? the silly impressions I do? how is that me?!"

Camilo asked, (Y/N) stayed silent for a moment before chuckling. Camilo raised and eyebrow at the girl, thinking that they found his whole problem funny.

"well~"

(Y/N) dragged the word in a sing-song tone, they glanced at Camilo with a sly smile.

"does Dolores take seconds from Casita?"

Camilo furrowed his eyebrows not really knowing where this is going but he answered anyways.

"n-no...?"

(Y/N) sighed and think for a second as she playfully laid down on Camilo's lap, looking up at the confused boy.

"does the Bruno from your perspective catch someone and place them down gently?"

Camilo thinks for a moment, he have been told that Bruno was a bad man and that he did bad things, he never imagined Bruno caring for someone.

"no..."

Camilo replied, making (Y/N) chuckle and sit up to smile at the boy.

"does Bruno flirtatiously smirks?"

Camilo blushed but answered their question with a 'no' as (Y/N) nod, they gently but excitedly grabbed Camilo's hands in theirs.

"exactly! Camilo already has a identity and that's being a caring, silly, kind, flirtatious, cut—..."

(Y/N) blushed as she trailed off making Camilo raise an eyebrow a them with a soft smile, (Y/N) stopped at their tracks and tucks a hair behind their ear nervously.

"you get the point, Camilo—"

(Y/N) sternly said before the boy could tease her, Camilo smirks and hugged (Y/N) tightly making them yelp from the tight hug, Camilo sighed and loosen the hug. (Y/N) placed their hands on Camilo's chest and softly smile.

"remember when you told me to not shapeshift at the dinner table?"

Camilo joked, (Y/N) rolled their eyes and nodded.

"nah, I just said it like—...a millionth time"

(Y/N) joked back, Camilo sighed and confidently placed a hand on (Y/N)'s waist, Camilo bit his lower lip and closed his eyes before throwing his head back.

"I'll do miss the feeling of asking you out"

silence...

"wait—what?"

(Y/N) gently pushed themselves from Camilo's chest to see him smirking, his eyes were sleepily looking at theirs.

"(Y/N), may I court you?"