Chapter 11

A/N: Here it is, the final chapter of "The Rules of Love" I really hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 11

"Emma, you can do it! I know you can do it! Push! Push!" Regina yelled, grasping onto Emma's hand, as Emma screamed.

"I can't." She breathed, collapsing back onto the bed. "I can't do this anymore."

"Yes you can, My Love. You can do it. Rest now." Regina said, kissing Emma's sweat covered forehead. "You can do this. I know you can."

"You're almost done, Emma. One more big push and you'll have your baby." The doctor said from between Emma's legs.

"You hear that, My Love. You're almost done. You're so close! One more push. You can do this." Regina encouraged, helping Emma to sit forward. Emma screamed out as she used whatever energy she had left to push, collapsing back into the bed, when the cries of a newborn were heard.

"Congratulations Mommies, you have a beautiful Baby Boy." The doctor said, holding up their baby for them to see. "Would you like to cut the cord Mommy?" She asked, looking at Regina. Regina peeled herself away from Emma for a second, taking the offered scissors, cutting the umbilical cord that connected their son to Emma, returning to Emma's side immediately.

"He's here, My Love. You did it!" Regina whispered, kissing the side of Emma's head, as tears ran down her face. "I Love You so much!"

A moment later, the doctor placed their newborn baby on Emma's chest as four hands eagerly embraced their son.

"He's perfect." Emma cried, looking up at Regina. Time seemed to stop as they held their son to Emma's chest, tears mixing with sweat, all the pain of the past fourteen hours all worth it when they finally held their son in their arms.

"You're perfect." Regina whispered, kissing Emma sweetly, before the nurse took their son away to clean him up and perform the necessary tests.

A half hour later, Emma and Regina were settled into Emma's bed in her hospital room on the maternity floor of Storybrooke General Hospital, waiting for the nurses to bring their son back.

"I'm so proud of you, My Love." Regina whispered, as Emma rested her head on Regina's shoulder.

"I couldn't have done it without you." Emma whispered, closing her eyes for a moment, completely exhausted. A few moments later a knock on the door startled her wake.

"Knock knock, Mommies! Are we ready to meet your son again?" The nurse said, pushing the little bassinet containing their sleeping son. Neither could formulate words as the nurse lifted the baby, handing him to Emma.

"No, wait." Emma said, stopping the nurse from placing the baby into her arms. Regina perked up, ready to attend to anything Emma might need. "I want Regina to hold him first." She said, smiling at Regina.

"It's ok. You can hold him first." Regina said, not wanting to take that moment away from Emma.

"No, I want you to." Emma said, cupping Regina's face. "I want him to bond with you just as much as he bonds with me. We've had nine months together, you need to catch up." Emma laughed, smiling at Regina, as tears fell from the brunette's eye. Regina simply nodded and reached out as the nurse placed their son in her arms for the first time.

"Have we decided on a name for this handsome little man?" The nurse asked, checking the IV attached to Emma's hand.

"We haven't been able to decide on anything yet. But I've been thinking..." Emma said, unable to tear her eyes away from the newborn baby in Regina's arms. "Henry. After your father." She whispered.