•Chapter eight P2•

~Bugs (Part two)~

___________________________

August babbled quietly as she kicked her feet, Dean kept his hand in her grasp to keep her calm.

"So you two are students?" The professor asked as he walked towards them.

"Yeah. Yeah, uh, we're in your class. Anthro 101." Sam said as they got up and came over to him.

"Oh, yeah." The man nodded.

"So what about the bones, professor?" Dean asked.

"This is quite an interesting find you've made. I'd say they're 170 years old, give or take. The timeframe and the geography heavily suggest Native American." The professor told them.

"Were there any tribes or reservations on that land?" Sam asked.

"Not according to the historical record but the, uh, relocation of Native peoples was quite common at that time." He said.

"Right." Sam nodded. "Well, are there any local legends oral histories about the area?" He asked.

"Well, you know, there's a...there's Euchee tribe in Sapulpa. It's about 60 miles from here. Someone out there might know the truth." The professor stated.

"Alright." Dean said as he and sam looked at each other.

~~~

Dean pulled the impala into the parking lot of a small diner. He had to stop and get directions on where to go.

Dean carried August in the harness as they walked into the diner. The brothers looked around, and spotted the man they had come to speak with.

They started towards him.

"Joe Whitetree?" Sam asked making the man look up at him and nod. "We'd like to ask you a few questions if that's alright?"

"We're students from the university." Dean told him.

"No, you're not. You're lying." Joe stated.

Sam and Dean looked at each other.

"Um, well, truth is—"

"You know who starts sentence with truth is? Liars." The man said, cutting Dean off.

Dean looked over at Sam.

"Have you heard of Oasis Plains?" Sam asked the man. "It's a housing development near the Atoka Valley."

Joe looked up at Dean.

"I like him. He's not a liar." He stated.

Dean looked down at August who was grinning.

"I know the area." Joe nodded.

"What can you tell us about the history there?" Sam asked.

"Why do you wanna know?" Joe questioned them.

"Something, something bad...is happening in Oasis Plains. We think it might have something to do with some old bones we found down there." Sam told him. "Native American bones."