•Chapter seven•

~Hook Man~

_____________________________

"Your half-caff venti vanilla latte's getting cold over here, Francis." Dean told Sam who just got off the pay phone, and was coming over to him and August.

"Bite me." Sam said.

Dean chuckled and looked to August who was standing in his lap, Dean was holding her up.

"So, anything?" Dean asked.

"I had them check the FBI's missing-persons databank. No John Does fitting dads description. I even ran his plates for traffic violations." Sam stated.

"Sam, I'm telling you, I don't think Dad wants to be found." Dean said to his brother.

August babbled, leaning back against Deans chest.

"Check this out." Dean turned Sam's laptop to him. "News item out of plains courier, Ankeny, Iowa. It's only about 100 miles from here." Dean said.

"Mutilated body was found near the victims car parked on 9 mile road." Sam read the article.

"Keep reading." Dean said, taking a sip of his soda.

August reached for his cup.

"Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible." Sam finished reading.

"Could be something interesting." Dean stated, putting his cup to Augusts lips and slightly tilting it forwards, giving her a tiny sip.

"It could be nothing at all. One freaked out witness who didn't see anything doesn't mean it's the invisible man." Sam stated.

"But what if it is? Dad would check it out." Dean stated, gently running his fingers through Augusts hair.

Sam sighed.

~~~

Dean pulled the impala to a stop, and cut the engine. The brothers got out, and Dean got his daughter out and they met each other in front of the car.

"One more time. Why are we here?" Sam questioned his brother.

"Victim lived here." Dean stated.

The brothers walked over to some of the boys. A boy rolled out from under a van with a wrench in his hand.

"Nice wheels." Dean said. "We're your fraternity brothers from Ohio. We're new in town— transfers. Looking for a place to stay." He told them.

The boys eyed the baby and Dean noticed.

Dean raised his brows at them, silently asking if they had a problem.

They looked away.

~~~

Sam, Dean, and August came into a room and saw a boy painting himself purple.