•Chapter nine•

~Home~

___________________________

(I do want to make one thing clear before y'all start reading this chapter! I did not realize that March 7th had already passed in the show, so we're gonna pretend that the timeline adds up.)

________________________

August smiled at Dean as he took a picture of her on his phone.

"Is it good?" Sam asked with a chuckle as she was shoving cake in her mouth.

It covered her hands and most of her face.

August squealed and laughed making both men smile at her.

"My baby's officially one year old." Dean sighed. "You gotta slow down, babe." He leaned down to the girl, kissing her nose.

August laughed and smacked her hands in the small cake that sat on her high chair tray.

August being one year old, meant that it had officially been one year since Delilah had passed. Dean was trying not to think about that part, but he was finding it hard not to. He couldn't believe it had already been a year without her.

"Sam, you think it's normal that she hasn't done anything yet?" Dean asked his brother, speaking up again.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"She hasn't started walking yet, and she hasn't started talking either." Dean stated, watching August grab a fistful of cake and attempt to eat it, a majority of it missing her mouth.

"Well, the talking will probably come later due to her having a hearing disability. With walking, maybe she's just not ready yet." Sam said with a slight shrug, looking back to the notepad he was drawing on.

"It worries me." Dean said, gently stroking Augusts head of fluffy, curly brown hair.

"I'm sure it's fine, Dean." Sam stated making Dean sigh.

"Yeah, I guess." He said.

August grinned and held her arms out for Dean.

"You all done?" Dean asked with a chuckle as he grabbed a paper towel off the counter, wiping off Augusts hands and her face.

Dean put the paper towel down on the tray, and picked the girl up out of the high chair. She laughed and bounced herself in Deans arms until he started bouncing her.

"Hey, so, I was cruising some websites. Think I found a few candidates for our next gig." Dean told Sam, picking up his coffee and taking a drink of it.

August tried reaching for the cup, but Dean pulled it away from her, setting it on the table.

"A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali. It's crew vanished. And we got some Cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean said, but noticed Sam was focused on whatever he was drawing. "Hey!"

Sam looked up at him.

"Am I boring you with this hunting-evil stuff?" Dean questioned him.