Chapter eleven: The After Party

So I know I didn't describe the whole funeral, some of it was just plain old boring, and the rest of it was sappy. There was a bunch of people crying, which I have nothing against, but crying and kids screaming and running all around the church, it sure does annoys the heck out of some people, and I guess I would be considered to be in that some. Anyways, most of the family and friends left the funeral, because only the closest family and friends attended the after party. Fortunately, the crying stopped when the after party also known as the repass to some of you. But the screaming didn't stop, the kids just were screaming at a different target, the xbox. Basically, the after party was at house, this year at my aunts house, and the kids would scatter onto their electronics, or play with their cousins, while the parents would talk about anything, and I mean anything. My Aunt Francisca's' house was on a cul de sac and was the first house to begin the circle. It was brick with a red door, three story, and had 7 rooms on the middle floors ( not bedrooms).

All the kids rushed down the stairs to the basement. Nathan and Robert, my two 12 year old cousins, rushed to the xbox and started to play wipe-out, while most of the other kids were on their phones and ipad. Thankfully, some of the little kids actually knew how to have fun and live like kids and played tag, and hide and go seek. I decided to check up stairs to see my mom, aunt Francesca, and aunt Linda all talking about how education these days is horrible, and how most kids are not getting the proper education. Then my cousin Alice, butts in and talks about how she unschooled, and how it was the best decision ever. Then they all just went into a deep conversation I have no time to write. Then I hear all the men, bragging about their children and talking about sports... Okay I know what your thinking. What the heck does this have to do with my revenge, or death other than its the re pass. And my answer is that Charlotte was invited, and I just want to see how she acts.

Finally, I spot Charlotte talking to my sister Gianna and Mason.

Gianna: " So you were Rowans' classmate?"

Charlotte: " Yes. And we were very close. "

Gianna: "I'm really surprised! She never mentioned you as a real close friend, it always sounded more like an acquaintances."

Poor Mason, was just listening, trying to put in a word here and there, but never could, with the quick responses of the girls.

Charlotte: " No. Sometimes we did have or ups and downs, but we were really close" To be honest she seemed really sincere, in that it almost changed my mind about her, but I had to remember to hold a grudge.

Gianna: " Hmm. Okay." A long silence came across, the three of them. Finally, Mason broke the silence.

Mason: " Charlotte I've seen you've changed your style."

So I know what your thinking yea yea yea so boys don't usually, don't notice girls outfits. But imagine a Gothic girl changing into this happy go lucky bright girly girl.

Charlotte: " Oh. Umm. This. Um. Its just something I bought, for this occasion. You know I didn't want to wear all black to the funeral. I want to bring the light like Rowan once was to all of us."

Gianna: " Oh. So how long have you've changed your style. I can see by your chipped bright nail polish you've changed your style at least over the last three days. And looking at the bottom of your shoes you have had them for about two weeks, because of the mud on the bottom of your shoes. The last time we had mud was two weeks ago and the average time it takes to dry the ground is about 3 days, and in the part of New York we live in there isn't much dirt unless you were in the woods. Near the site where you and Rowan had you recital."

I am almost positive that the whole 3 day thing was a total fake, but hey it got Charlotte intimidated. So it did the trick!

Charlotte: " Oh. Look here. The fashion police. Isn't that just great. Now I have people judging my outfits."

Gianna: " Oh. I'm sorry for being suspicious about you. Changing your style right after my sister dies. Mud on your shoes, which you can get from the woods, which just happens to be a great place to shoot someone. Leaving right after the recital. I think you know where I 'm going. Oh and don't make bring up being so sweet and kind to Mason. Oh you thought I didn't know well I do."

Charlotte: " Are you accusing me of my best friends death..."

Before she couldn't say another word Andrew came in.

Andrew: " Hey Guys. What are you talking about?"

Gianna: "Oh. Nothing. Just about my sister."

Andrew: "Yea. Sorry I came late. I went to go get some of her favorite flowers to put on her grave. I really did not want to put those roses on the grave. I wanted her to have some unique flowers. If you know what I mean. I'm sorry I didn't do the speech like I said I was going to. I was just to emotional."

Mason: "Yeah I totally understand..."

Gianna butt in before Mason could finish his sentence.

Gianna: " Yea. I understand. Oh by the way. Rowan told me to give you and Mason this"

It was my Full house, and Big Bang collection. Andrew always watched full house, and Mason always watched the Big Bang with me. Both two of my favorite things I owned, and both things I wanted my friends to have.

Mason had to excuse himself from the room for a moment to compose himself, while Andrew looked at the DVD's, while his tears filled up with tears. Andrew always had a crush on me since we first met, to me it wasn't obvious, but to my friends it was. And finally when he did tell me he liked me, it took weeks for us to get back to talking in normal conversation. If you want me to be honest I kind of liked him too, he was sweet, nice, you know all the things you would want in a gentleman, but I was dating Mason, and I don't know... I just was compelled to Mason a little bit more than Andrew.

Though, it was only 10:00 Mason ventured off and Andrew followed about 30 minutes after. Usually these things went until 1:00 in the morning and its not because the adults were drunk, they never served alcohol, it was just that it was family and usually we hadn't seen for awhile.