Chapter 14: Oh

As Charlotte gazed across the café, she found Brooke, standing there almost as if she had seen somebody shot. Charlotte turned pale as snow. Mason had noticed the paleness in Charlotte, and looked to where her stare was and saw Brooke, to be quite frank he did not look the least bit scared, or perplexed. If anything he seemed relaxed. He motioned for Charlotte to get up, and she slowly got up not before giving a questioned look. They both walked the hands only touching by their outside of their hands before approaching Brooke. Brookes' face had changed from pale and confused to disgust. Mason started the conversation seeing that if he didn't the staring war would just go on forever.

Mason: "Hey, Brooke what's up?''

Okay first off, trying to change the subject oh real classy. Its not like she could forget what happened right before her eyes, just a few seconds ago. Was he really that stupid, I really thought I was dating someone with a little more smarts, but apparently not so he's all Charlotte's then, but back to the topic of Brooke.

Brooke: "You really think I could just forget everything I just saw. You know I really thought you liked Rowan. You know what I wouldn't be surprised if you killed her. I always had my doubts about you, but know..."

Before she could say anything else Mason cut her off.

Mason: "It was just she kissed me first I was trying to pull away, but then it reminded it me of Rowan, and how her lips were soft, and..."

Charlotte cut him off before he could say anything else. But before I go back to the conversation I would just like to point out how every possible thing they are called out for or get in trouble for always is covered up with "oh it because of Rowans death" like what the heck!

Charlotte: "Are you serious! That's what you thought of the kiss!"

With that she stormed off. You could she the disappointment in her face, but somehow , maybe I was being paranoid, I could see a smirk on her face. Everyone in the café was watching Brooke and Mason as if it was some kind of soap opera. Brooke gave him the middle finger and ran after Charlotte, while Mason just gave a look to everybody at the café as if to say "What are you looking at".

Brooke caught up with Charlotte before she hopped into her car, and grabbed her by her arm. Of course Charlotte tried to play hurt, but that was not going to work in her favor, so she just gave up and said she take Brooke for a ride and explain. Honestly, I am pretty sure I know where this is going and I am almost positive I can stop it, but frankly I am getting kind of lonely up here, so having a friend wouldn't hurt right now.