56

I tear my eyes open when I hear my mother calling my name. For a second I forget where I am but then I remember everything that happened yesterday.

Yesterday might've been the worst day of my life.

I turn around thinking Bucky is still behind me but he's not. Weird. His dog tag is on the pillow though, my key attached to it. I put it around my neck.
I get up and look for him. He's also not in the living room, nor the kitchen. "Bucky?" I also check the bathroom but he's not there. "Bucky?"

Where is he? I pick up my phone and dial his number but it goes straight to voicemail again. Maybe he went to buy breakfast. But he wouldn't just leave without a note. I'm still wearing yesterdays clothes so I decide to get changed before continuing my search for him. I walk back to his bedroom and open his closet.

My heart stops beating when I do.

It's empty. There is nothing in there.

I run to the bathroom and open the cabinet. His toothbrush is gone. No, no, no, no, no.

He didn't. He wouldn't. He would never leave me. Not like that. Not without a note. Not without a call. I am sorry. He said he was sorry last night. I wasn't sure it was real until now. Is it possible? Is it possible that he apologised because he was going to leave?

No. Please no. Don't let this be true. I panic and dial Sam's number.

"Isla?"

"S-Sam? Sam, is Bucky with you?" My voice is trembling with with fear.

"No, are you okay? Are you crying? Isla, what is going on?"

"He..." I start sobbing. "I don't know. He was talking all this nonsense last night saying that he killed innocent people. I think it was his trauma. When I woke up this morning he was gone. His clothes are gone. Sam, I don't know what to do. I- I-..."

"Okay, stay calm. I'll try to call him. If I can't reach him I will come over and help you look. But I need you to stay calm."

I nod my head until I realise that he can't see it. "Okay, okay, I promise. Please find him." I put my phone aside and start looking for any clues of where he might have went to. But I can't find anything. Not a note. Not an address. I highly doubt he went to Alice but I still text her asking if she heard anything from him.

I can't even fucking concentrate because my mom keeps knocking on the door, telling me to answer her. "What? What?" I scream when I throw the door open. "What do you want?"

"Where have you been all night?"

"With my boyfriend! With my boyfriend who's gone because of you!"

"Stop yelling at your mother."

"Or what?" I yell even louder. "You put all those lies in his head. You have no idea what you've done! He's gone! He's gone because of you! Because you are a fucking bitch! A bitch who is so unhappy with her life that she tries to ruin every ounce of happiness others have!"

"How dare you!"

"Get out of my apartment. I will take a shower and when I am out you better be gone or I'll call the police. Stay out of my life. I am done with you. I never want to see you again." My voice breaks and the tears start coming again. I run to my apartment, lock the door to the bathroom, then get in the shower not even bothering to get undressed.

Then I lose it.

I lose myself.

He is gone.

I scream. I just scream. Then cry. I sob until it hurts. I sob until I can't breathe.

I lost him.

He left me.

He's gone for good.

I lost Bucky.

I lost my soul.

-
A/N: I mean come on, what did you expect? *inserts devilish Loki laugh*