68

Isla's POV

Summer is great. Your hair becomes lighter, skin more tan, you get freckles. It's a beautiful thing. The people are different during summer time as well. For some reason they are a in a better mood. Maybe it's a psychological thing.

Because winter is darkness, coldness, depressive. And summer is light, warmth and euphoric.

But maybe I am also just overthinking things and people are just happy to be done with finals and go on vacation. That's one of the reasons I was looking forward to this. Finally clearing my head, leaving everything behind in New York and spending some time with my friends in California.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

I mean, originally it was supposed to be with friends.

"Hey..." Shit, I forgot his name. I look around the room trying to remember what happened yesterday. Maybe that was I can recall his name. Was it Derek?No. But it was definitely a D name. "Sorry, I forgot your name."

"You're forgiven. It's Dalton." He introduces himself again and starts kissing my neck. The sun is shining right through the window which tells me that I spend the night with him. "Up for morning sex?"

I nod. "Whatever."

He smiles at me and then spreads my legs to he has better access. He tries to kiss me on the mouth but I turn my head away. I hate kissing during sex. "Sorry. I forgot."

"As long as you don't forget the condom we're good." I tell him and grab one from the bedside table. Didn't I buy a whole pack just two days ago?

"You ready?" He wraps the condom around his shaft and places his tip to my entrance. He doesn't wait for me to reply. Instead he just pushes inside, hard and fast. I squint my eyes in pain for a second but relax again when I adjust.

He doesn't look at me. And I don't look at him. Sometimes he kisses my neck or sucks at the skin of my breasts but other than that there isn't really much intimacy. He thrusts in and out of me. I close my eyes trying to focus, trying to enjoy it.

"Talk to me." I instruct him.

"Like dirty talk?" He pants. How is he out of breath already? I'm not even close.

"No, tell me I am pretty."

"You're beautiful."

"Keep going." I close my eyes trying to keep the flashbacks in the depths of my mind.

"You're so hot. You feel so good." He continues giving me compliments. This isn't working. This doesn't feel as good as it used to. I sigh and close my eyes again. Come on, Isla. You can do this.

After a few minutes he collapses on top of me. Maybe I can't do this.

"Did you come?" He asks me.

"No." I truthfully answer. Fucking shit. Why isn't it working? Why can't I fucking come? I tried everything. I tried it with plenty of guys, I tried it myself, I even tried it with a toy I bought after having a mental breakdown. But it's not working.

"Sorry." He isn't sorry. He's just happy he had someone to fuck. Dalton starts kissing my neck again and massages my boobs. What is it with men and their obsession with boobs? It's just body fat and muscles.

"I am thirsty." I say and turn around so that my back is facing him.

He stops kissing me and looks around the room. "We raided the entire mini bar last night so I don't have anything here. Want me to buy you something from the lobby?"