Nineteen

Y/n's pov

I giggled as Piper bolted to get the ball as I threw it across the room.

I whistled "Here, Piper!" I called her to me.

Piper ran back to me, the ball in her mouth, Dodger following her.

I smiled softly.

"Good girl, Piper! High five!" I said and she raised her paw, tapping my hand.

I threw the ball again, laughing at the way the dogs ran to go get it, my mentality like a five year old child, when in reality, I'm 39 years old.

Dodger got the ball this time, and he brought it back with a little hop in his step.

"Good boy." I praised and he started panting excitedly as I pet him.

I gave him scratches behind his ear.

"You're great with dogs." Chris said.

I smiled "I couldn't have any growing up, my brother was severely allergic."

"But I'm not," I cooed to Dodger "you're such a good boy, such a good boy aren't you? Yes you are, you're such a good boy."

*A couple years later* (He moved in to your house, cause you couldn't leave, and he loved your house so much he wanted to move in anyway.)

"Are you ready?" Chris asked impatiently, itching the back of his neck.

"Babe, our reservation isn't for another 2 and a half hours." I said, drying my hair with my towel, sopping wet from the shower.

He breathed out of his nose.

"Hey. I know you're anxious about missing it, or being late, but calm down, okay? We'll make it."

"I already have chosen my dress and everything else that's going with it." I said as I plugged in my hair dryer.

"Hmm, how should I have my hair?" I asked myself.

I chewed on my lip, and then I let it go.

"I'm gonna keep it down." I said.

I pat my hair with my towel, I feel it and it's still damp.

I turn on the hair dryer and I pointed it at my hair.

Soon, my hair was dry and I brushed it, smiling as it felt my very soft hair.

"You look beautiful." He was standing behind me now.

I smiled "Thank you, I still have yet to get my dress on."

"You'll like it."

He smiled, and he kissed my cheek.

He sighed nervously.

"Hey, I'll be done in less than an hour, I promise." I smiled sweetly.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm still in a damp towel, let me get dressed, okay?"

He let go of me, bowing as he said "As you wish."

I smiled and rolled my eyes as he walked out of the bathroom, to the living room.

I walked to my room, and I grabbed my black, asymmetrical dress that I'm wearing, and I put it on, and I looked in the mirror, still proud of the weight I lost when I was younger.

I put on some tights and I went to the bathroom to go put on some light makeup and I curled my hair, and when I was done, I smiled.

I walked to my closet and I grabbed my heels that I chose to go with my dress.

I put on a necklace that Chris recently gave me, I smiled.

I sprayed some perfume on me.

I walked out of my room, grabbing my phone, looking at my watch.

"48 minutes, in good time." I said, and Chris looked at me, his jaw dropping.

I put on my heels.

"You.. look beautiful." He was amazed.

"Thanks handsome, you don't look too bad yourself." I said, referring to his snappy suit.

He hesitated before pulling me in close.

"Why did you hesitate?" I asked.

"I didn't know whether you wanted me to touch you because of your autism, sometimes you want me to touch you, and sometimes you don't."

"Chris, that was 23 years ago, your information is way out of date.. now, I love to be touched, I absolutely love it."

He smiled and looked at his watch.

"Let's get going." He said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the door.

"Wait.. will Dodger and Piper be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, they'll be fine." I said "Piper is usually pretty chill when I leave the house."

"Good."

We went out the door, and I locked it.

"Let's go, you take too long."

I laughed heartily.