Sixteen

*The next day*

Chris's pov

I drove to her address, she didn't live too far away.

I pulled into her driveway and it took me a minute before I saw her house.

And oh my was it beautiful.

It was breathtaking.

I parked and I sat there for a moment, looking at her beautiful house.

I grabbed the box that I still had with the notes and the letter she wrote me and I finally got out, walking up to the door and I knocked.

Someone opened the door and her eyes went wide as she held up her finger and she shut the door slightly and she walked away "Y/N HES HERE!"

"Brooklyn, mom will be here in 10 minutes!" Y/n said.

Y/n opened the door and she gave me a hug.

"Hi." She smiled.

I smiled softly "Hey Bun Bun."

She pulled away and she saw the box in my hand as she motioned me to come in, a golden retriever running up to me, smelling me.

"What's that?" She asked, pointing at the box.

I gave it to her as I said "Open it."

She looked into my eyes as her hand reached out for it.

The way she held it in her hands made me smile even wider.

She opened it and she looked at me with tears forming in her eyes.

"You kept them these all these years?"

I smiled.

"You made an impact on me, and you knew how I was all these years because I became an actor, I am hugely known worldwide, but I never knew how you were, how you were doing in the class that mattered to you most, when I was around you when we were younger, every single thing that was getting on my shoulders and putting pressure on me, seemed to disappear, and when you were gone, it took me some getting used to, I would have panic attacks every so often, so your letters helped me greatly. I thought about you all these years, you are the person that mattered to me most and it felt wrong even thinking about forgetting you, I really missed you the past two decades, and I hope we can be more, do more."

She hugged me, and she kissed my lips.

I melted into the kiss and I smiled.

Oh how I missed her lips.

"Okay but how do you two know each other like that?"

She pulled away "Brooklyn, I used to know him when we were sophomores."

"No way, that's so cute!" She said.

"Hi." She said when I looked at her.

"You must be Brooklyn." I said.

"Yep, that's me." She said as I looked at y/n, she looked like she was about to start crying.

A car honked outside.

"That's mom." Y/n said.

I stepped to the side and Brooklyn went and grabbed a bag, coming back and hugging y/n.

"Love you." She said before y/n quietly said it back letting her go, and she ran out the door, petting the dog on the way out.

Y/n and I made eye contact and she sniffled, putting the lid back on the box, setting it on top of her fridge.

"I love you." I said and she looked at me.

She smiled softly "I love you too."

She giggled a little bit "I wasn't expecting Brooklyn to be so calm, I was expecting her to be literally jumping all up on you like a puppy."

I looked at her dog "Speaking of, who's this?" I asked as I pointed at it.

She smiled "Her name is Piper."

I kneeled and I pet the puppy.

"Who's a good girl?" I asked, scratching behind her ears.

I saw y/n pull some stuff out the fridge, setting them on the counter.

"Still want that picnic?" I asked.

"That's what you came here for right?" She giggled.

"Here, let me help." I said.

"Alright." She smiled softly.

Y/n's pov

I can't believe that he kept those notes and letters all these years. I really can't.

Why did he do that?

How much does he love me?

I looked at him and he was concentrating on getting bread to make sandwiches.

I smiled as I went back to getting some other stuff together.

"What kind of sandwiches do you want?"

"Peanut butter and jelly." I said.

"Alright."

"The jelly is in the fridge."

He smiled.

"You remind me of your mom."

I scoffed.

"I don't want to hear those words in that order come out of your mouth ever again."

He laughed, covering his left pec with his hand.

I love you.