~Chapter 1~

"Mommy! Tell me a story!" Draven said with an excited expression on his face.

"Alright, alright. Settle down now." His mother chuckled.

Draven crawled into his mother's lap and listened to her story.

"10,000 years ago, the world was in chaos. The Demons broke through the void and began to destroy the world. A young hero named Alexander emerged. He had golden hair and cerulean blue eyes as blue as the ocean. Alongside him was his childhood friend, Amira who had the rare ability of light."

"Whoa, he has the same eye color as my left eye!!"

"Yeah, blue eyes are a sign of royalty."

"Does this mean my father is the Emperor??!" Draven gasped.

"Yes."

Draven's eye widened in shock.

"Just kidding baby."

"Hmmm...but I don't think you were," Draven said with a suspicious face.

"Ahem! Anyways, back to the story." His mother said.

"Okay, mom."

"The two of them, along with their team mates finally faced off against the Demon King. The Demon King was too strong for them to defeat, so they decided to strike a deal. Amira's life in return for the Demon King to retreat back into the void along with his demon army. Alexander immediately gave up Amira for the sake of the world. He then established the Gravlax Empire and was known as the savior of the world. He became the first Emperor of the Gravlax Empire."

"Wow! Do you think I could be a hero someday?"

"I rather you be the villain."

"Why?"

"Well, you know what they all say. A hero would sacrifice you to save the world, but a villain would sacrifice the world to save you."

"Well, then I'll be the villain in the future!"

"Sure," His mother chuckled lovingly.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

"Mommy!" Draven cried, tears falling down his face.

"Don't cry, baby. It is my time to go. Promise me to always cover up your left eye." Mommy said with a last burst of energy before she closed her eyes.

"My left eye? Huh? Wait, Mommy? Mommy!" Draven cried as he tried to wake her up to no avail.

She didn't wake up.

She was dead.

'This is all my fault. If only she sold me to Bob, then she could have had the money to buy some medicine for her illness.' Draven thought sadly.

Draven held her cold, lifeless hand and stared down at his mom.

She had orange eyes and brown hair. She was still beautiful even in death. Little Draven knew that he had to let his neighbor know that she died so that she could have a proper burial but he just wanted to spend a little more time with her.

She was his mom after all.