~Chapter 2~

The next day, Draven bravely knocked on his neighbor's door.

"Yes?"

"Hello, Miss Maria. Mother died." Draven said simply.

Miss Maria looked at the 5-year-old boy in shock.

Draven's eyes were bloodshot and he looked like he haven't got any sleep. Maria could tell that Draven was holding back his tears and she pitied the young boy. She knew that he did not have any other family and would have to go to the orphanage.

She ruffled his blonde hair before picking him up.

"Let's go bury your mother dear."

»»————- ♔ ————-««

[1 year later]

"Have you learned your lesson brat?"

"Yes sir." Draven cried.

Bill spat on his face.

"Humph, bastard."

With that, Bill spun on his heels and left Draven kneeling on the cold tile floor.

Draven winced as he slowly got up and couldn't help but whimper in pain.

Blood splattered all over the floor and Draven pouted because he knew he had to clean it up.

After his mother's funeral, Miss Maria took him to an orphanage.

At first, he was treated alright but the caretakers and the children of the orphanage began to bully him because they thought he was a blind freak. Draven always wore an eye patch over his left eye.

Draven has not forgotten about his mother's last wishes before she died. He has always covered up his left blue eye, revealing only his right orange eye. Because of this, everyone thought he was blind in his left eye causing him to be bullied.

Right now, one of the older children of the orphanage, Bill was finally done abusing him. Bill was 10 years older than Draven, Draven being 6 years old this year.

Draven slowly walked to his room which was also the basement. He closed the door and collapsed onto the wooden floor.

He reached out his hand to get the first aid kit located in the far corner of his room. After wrapping the bandages around his arms and legs, he put the first aid kit back in its hiding spot which was under the floorboard.

He then wrapped his arms around himself to stay warm. It was already Winter yet he had no blankets to keep him warm. He only wore an old gown with no socks. He was mistreated greatly in the orphanage as the other children had at least a dozen pairs of clothing, their own bed, and blankets as well as an allowance of 20 coopers per month. The other children always took his money and he could not do anything about it.

"Mom, I miss you," Draven whispered.

The door to his bedroom suddenly opened with a loud thud.

Draven let out a small gasp when he saw a handsome young man. The man appeared to be around 20 years old. He had white hair and silver eyes.

The man gave a bow to him and stated, "You are his majesty's Emperor Pizza's 2nd son, Draven Von Ale. I have been sent from the royal palace to retrieve you, your highness."

Draven stared at the man silently, not knowing what to say.

The two had a staring contest before the man broke eye contact with Draven. The man slowly walked in front of Draven and squatted down.

"Will you come back to the Royal Palace with me?" The man said as he extended his right hand out.

Draven hesitantly placed his hand onto the man's hand. The man smiled but it quickly turned into a concerned frown as he saw Draven wince.

"Are you okay, your highness!!?" The man shouted in a panic.

Draven could barely hear the man as he suddenly felt a pain in his chest. His face paled and he cried out in pain. His vision began to get blurry and he passed out into the arms of the royal knight, Reid.