Chapter 1

"I really don't see how you sending me to live with my cousins is going to change anything." I say.

2 minutes till I board my plane .

"Baby look at me its not like I want to send you off to live with your cousins ok?" "I need you to call me if you need anything, anything at all." She says while getting up. She kisses my forehead and pulls me in for a hug.

Mom was right it wasn't her fault that she had to send me away. It's not like finding a job and taking care of a kid all by yourself was easy I knew that but I was still hoping for change.

1 minute till I board my plane.

I walk to the door of the plane and give my ticket to the lady it feels like everything is moving in slow motion to torture me.

"Mira!" I hear my mom shout. I turn my head. I found myself hoping she might tell me that everything was going to be fine and that this was all some big prank and that I could go home and rest and we could then bake cookies when I got up just like when dad was still alive. God I was an idiot. "I love you." She whispers so that I can only hear her.

"I love you too mom." I say. the airplane door shuts and I feel like Puking.

I choose a seat near the planes bathroom so that if I really did want to puke I could hurry to the bathroom in time. The plane ride was long and boring two things I hated.

I got out the plane and look for where rue and gia are I notice the cute curly hair that belongs to gia and the hoodie rues been wearing since she was 13 I run over and hug them both.

"Hi Mira!" Gia says smiling.

"You get shorter every time I see you and you just had to come on the morning of new years eve." Rue says squinting her eyes and then grinning.

I had completely forgotten about new years.

"Haha very funny." I say smiling.

"So you're not going to give your aunt a hug?" Leslie says with a saddened expression that quickly fades into a smirk.

"I missed you all so much." I say hugging her.

"Come on lets get you home you must be exhausted." Leslie says grabbing my suitcase and walking us all towards the exit.

I really hope this year will be a good year.