Chapter 12

It was Maddys birthday and she had just invited me to it I said yes but I had no idea what to get her for her birthday. I had called Lexi the morning before the party and asked what I should get Maddy. She told me that jewelry and some candy would work well. I also decided to text Maddy happy birthday before finally heading downstairs for breakfast which I usually never eat since the awkward silence is too unbearable. As I took a seat and ate my cereal I got a text from Kat asking what I was going to be wearing to the party. Which is another thing I hadn't even thought about. I replied back with idk yet what about you? and then put my phone down.

"So um My friend is having this party for her birthday so I might not be here tonight." I say not making eye contact and fiddling with my spoon.

"Okay." Fez responds sounding sleepy. "You got a ride or what?"

"Yeah uh Lexi will probably take me it's at her house anyway." I reply. At that he looks more awake as his eyes widen a bit.

"Lexi is coming here?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say grinning teasingly.

He notices my grin and goes back to looking sleepy. "Um yeah that's totally ok"

School was boring as usual Lexis play was doing really really well considering she had a bunch of people auditioning for it. That night at Maddys party Cassie was acting really weird and I see what lexis talking about. She was drinking so much I couldn't even understand what she was saying. Maddy looked amazing as always. Lexi let me borrow one of her dresses and I brought a swim suit since Maddy said we were planning to get in the hot tub later.

(Dress and swimsuit once again if u dont like them imagine what u want)

Suze was hitting the dance floor and Lexi did this cute little dance which made me laugh it was a fun time overall we took pictures and then there was a knock on the door

Suze was hitting the dance floor and Lexi did this cute little dance which made me laugh it was a fun time overall we took pictures and then there was a knock on the door. It was Nate a chill went down my spine. I wonder if he knows that I know his dad fucked Jules or that he's in love with Jules hopefully not. Cassie kept on drinking and I started to think she was going to throw up. We exchanged gifts and I ended up giving Maddy some cute earrings and sun glasses. She loved them and thanked me Nate gave her a Tiffany's necklace in which Maddy loved and then we went in the hot tub. Cassie stumbled in and fell on top of Nate which was awkward.

"Happy birthday." Cassie said clearly drunk.

"Thank youu." Maddie says.

"Im so glad you guys are getting back together." BB said making a weird noise after.

Maddy pauses before saying. "We're not back together."

"You're not?" Cassie asks.

"No." Nate says quickly. Maddys smile fades and turns to a grimace.

"I mean I was going to say no but why are you saying no?" Maddy asks.

"Um because we're not." Nate says confused.

"But why do you sound so definitive about it." Maddy asks.

"I wasn't being definitive." Nate says.

"Well you sounded like it." Maddy says. Oh god this is getting too awkward.

"She was just asking a question." Nate starts before Maddy cuts him off. "That you didn't have to answer."

"I don't understand what we're arguing about." Nate says.

"You and your tone." Maddy clarifies.

"But.. we're not back together." Nate says. Maddy stops speaking before Nate says. "Um.. yet."

"I mean why not just say we're working it out?" Maddy asks.

"You literally just said you were going to say no." Nate says getting annoyed.

"Ok but thats me." Maddy says.

"Meaning what?" Nate asks.

"Meaning when I say it, it's a completely different thing then when you say it." Maddy says.

"Ok it might seem that way in your head Maddy but its not." Nate says.

"Ok but its also the speed in which you said no." Maddy says.

"Oh give me a fucking break." Nate says throwing his head back.

"It was quick!" Maddy says defending herself. Me and Kat make eye contact.

"It was like his natural instinct! Right?!" Maddy says turning to me and kat.

"It was hasty." Kat says.

"See!" Maddy says turning back to Nate.

"You really think shes going to disagree with you?" Nate scoffs.

"If I was going to disagree with her then I would." Kat says.

"Ok." Nate says.

"What? You don't think I have a mind of my own?" Kat asks.

"No I'm sure you do." Nate says.

"He is such a cunt!" Maddy say clapping her hands together.

"The fuck is your problem?" Kat asks.

Just then Cassie throws up making us all get out of the hot tub she starts crying and apologizing to Maddy and she looks like a mess her mom drags her out of the pool and drags her up the stairs I grab a towel and get inside the house.

"Oh god." Lexi says.

"Well there's one thing to add to your play." I tell her.

I knock on fez's door and he answers.

"How was the party?" Fez asks as I walk inside ashtray was laying on the couch watching some tv show.

"Um it was interesting." I say. "Honestly I think I'm just going to go to bed."

Fez nods. "Ok."

I head upstairs and get ready for bed ashtray walks in the room and lays on his bed across from mine not facing me.

"I just wanted to say you looked pretty in your dress." He says obviously blushing his voice cracking a bit.

I grin and then my grin turns into a smirk. "What was that? Sorry I couldn't hear you could you maybe say it again?"

He groans. I laugh.