Chapter 7

Ashtray drags me to were rue is sitting down and says that if she needed a ride nows the time she gets up from where she's sitting and is talking to the girl she was sitting with ashtray drags me over to the car and starts it while I get in he looks serious and keeps raising his head to look at the house.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing." He replies

I'm getting more annoyed by the second I'm annoyed that my mom sent me here, annoyed that Rue dumped me to live with her drug dealer, annoyed that I haven't showered or peed, annoyed that people don't care about what I have to say or my opinions, annoyed that I don't know what's happening and I'm about to burst. The crowd grows bigger inside the house, the music gets louder, I have a headache, and I feel like throwing up.

"There's obviously something going on and I know you know about it." I sound like a kindergartener but at this point I don't really care.

He ignores me just then rue and fez come out of the house and walk to the car. Fez looks exhausted and rue looks like she just won the lottery. I scrunch my eyebrows. They get in the car and no one says a word. I look at rue and I want to ask her what happened but the atmosphere feels tense. We reach rues house and rue turns to me.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school kid." She pats my neck and gets out of the car.

I want to cry and I don't even know why. No wait I do know why it's cause Rue just left me with her drug dealer and I've had the shittiest day. I sound like a toddler. I notice we're not driving and I'm wondering if Rue even told Fez I was supposed to be staying with him. As soon as I'm about to say something Rue comes outside with my suitcase and all my stuff. She opens the car door and has a really hard time putting the suitcase in.

"Thanks." I say not being able to look her in the eye. She nods at me and grins.

"Have fun." She says in a teasing voice looking at me and winking then looking at ashtray and winking I glare at her and scoff and ashtray rolls his eyes.

"Ok bye Rue." I say rolling my eyes.

I watch rue walk back in the house and we start driving again.

"I just wanted to say thanks for letting me stay with you guys I know it's annoying and stuff but I'll try to be useful and like do chores." As soon as the words had come out of my mouth I wanted to delete my existence off the face of the universe.

"Yeah kid. Rues like my family anyone that she cares about I care about as well." Fez says.

Fez isn't even as bad as I thought he would be this whole time I thought he was going to be some creepy scary guy but he's actually super chill. Especially if he gets along with Lexi. We reach fez's house and I immediately ask if I can use the bathroom which thinking back sounded so stupid. I took my shower and peed. Fez had me share a room with ashtray which ashtray was not happy about like at all. Fez had already set up a bed and we moved it into ashtrays room which took a lot of effort. I thank them again and immediately fall asleep. Tomorrow better be a good day I think to myself.