aftermath - 03

- Rue (narration)

- Rue (narration)

Nate Jacobs was in love...or at least that's how he felt right now. Right now being him laying on the floor, covered in his own blood, only able to think about the last girl he saw before getting his shit rocked.

Nate Jacobs is in love.

He didn't know how it happened. He didn't know why it happened. But he could just feel it. And it felt so fucking good.

But it was complicated.

What was it about Francesca Madden that allowed Nate to fully surrender himself? With Maddy, it was always a game. Francesca was the opposite.

He knew he wasn't perfect. That he had some issues. But maybe the reason he had those issues is because Maddy brought out the worst in him. And maybe if he met Franny when he was a sophomore instead of Maddy... she would've brought out the best in him.

But she wasn't here. If she were here however, he would've never overlooked her. Underestimated her.

She was everything you could ever want in a woman.

He knew it was a little soon to say, but he could imagine spending life with her. That's exactly what he was doing right now, dreaming of a life with her.

He was at home... and in love.

She was intuitive and emotional. She was sensitive and vulnerable. She was a strong, powerful woman. He could imagine starting a family with her.

But the truth was... Nate didn't know her at all. He didn't even know her phone number.

Nate began to wonder if he had brain damage.

How would he know?

He knew, he could do a better job than his dad. He wouldn't fuck his kid up the way his dad fucked him up. And the way his granddad fucked his dad up.

Except his dad was such a fuckin' idiot. He couldn't even control himself. And had jeopardized everything their family worked for.

Sometimes... he just wished that his dad would drop dead of a heart attack... and be free of him.

But there's no point in fantasizing about a life with Francesca when he knew that Maddy had that disc.

What if he could go back to the beginning What would he wish? Where would things go?

- Francesca

First day at East Highland. Today is the day.

Yeah, okay. I know you're just dying to know what happened in the two days between the party and now. And since I'm so nice, I'll catch you up.