round two - 07

this is a double update so make sure you read chapter six before this one

- Francesca

"Sorry about that." The bathroom door opens, revealing Nate on the other side.

"I was starting to think you forgot about me." I lift my chin out of my hands and stand up from my seat on the closed toilet lid.

"Impossible." Nate offers me his hand, which I accept as he leads me out of the small room.

"Was your dad mad about me being here?" I look up at him.

"No, he wanted to talk about something else." He answers, walking down the hall.

"What did you talk about?" I ask as he takes me into his room before closing the door behind us.

"Nothing." He shakes his head.

"Your dad definitely doesn't like me." I let go of his hand and sit down on the edge of his bed.

"Why do you think that?" He takes his jacket off before reaching for the collar of his t-shirt to pull over his head.

"Because I was a bitch to him and kicked him my house." I watch as he stands shirtless now reaching to unbutton his jeans.

"Well, he deserved it and he doesn't even like me, so I wouldn't sweat it." He removes his pants, wadding them up with his other clothing items and tossing them in a dirty clothes hamper that sits beside his dresser.

I sit in silence, looking around his room, observing the minimal decor, no pictures, dark colors and can't help the first question that comes to my mind and how my mouth before I can help it.

"Are you straight?" I look over towards Nate, who stops in his tracks while heading to his open bathroom.

"Why would you ask me that?" He turns back to face me.

"Your room kinda screams super straight guy, but also you have to prove it by having the most basic room in the world, so like maybe you aren't straight." I ramble off.

"I'm straight, Franny." He replies expressionless before turning back to walk into the bathroom.

"Are you?" He speaks a little louder now as he turns his shower water on.

"Ew, no." I scrunch my face up as he walks back over to the bathroom door frame, leaning up against it while he lets the water heat up.

"What are you then?" He laughs lightly at my reaction to his previous question.

"I don't know. I've never really cared what people's genders are when I was sleeping with them or had a crush on them, wasn't really a defining factor, but I don't know what that's called." I lay my body back on the bed while my legs remain hanging off.

"Hm." I turn my head over to see Nate looking down at the floor in thought.

"Well, I'm gonna take a shower. You can join me or stay out here." He smirks before seeing me make no attempt of moving, he rolls his eye playfully before turning back around to his steam filled shower