rendezvous - 04

- Francesca

- Francesca

I open the front door slightly out of breath to be met with the familiar sight of the one only, Nate Jacobs.

"You're not dead." I swipe my hair out of my face with my hand, smiling at the sight of his face. It's healed a lot since I last saw him, but he's still bruised and he has some bandages above his left eyebrow.

"Not yet." Nate laughs.

"Who's at the door?" Cherie yells from her seat in the recliner inside.

"A... friend from school. Gimme a sec!" I shout back, closing the door behind me as we move away from the door a few steps

"So, did you stalk me like your dad did?" I laugh lightly.

"What?" His brows furrow.

"What?" I'm confused as well.

"My dad came here?"

"Yeah, he was here today when I got back from school. We talked, he threatened me, I kicked him out." I shrug my shoulders

"He threatened you?" His eyebrows shoot up.

"Yeah... wait, how did you find out where I live if you didn't ask your dad?" I question.

"I looked you up through my dad's shit because I saw your name on your pocket knife at the party. And I think I may have lost it by the way, I've looked everywhere for it but-"

"Your dad gave it back to me." I interrupt him.

"W-what? Hold on, can you just explain what happened today?" He holds my arms in his hands.

"When your dad was here?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods his head while letting his hands fall back at his sides.

"Well, he was waiting here when I got home and told me who he was. We went inside and he was asking me who beat you up, but I told him I didn't see anything and he didn't believe me so he threatened to call the cops and have them go through my phone and shit. And then I told him to get out." I explain quickly.

"Did you tell him it was Fezco?"

"Fuck no, I wouldn't snitch on him. I assume you didn't tell him either since he was asking me." My statement comes out as more of a question.

"Yeah, no, I didn't tell him. I'm sorry about my dad, he's a fucking idiot." He huffs.

"It's fine. Can I ask why you came here?" I look back up at him.

"Um, I came to ask if you'd let me take you out." He replies.

"Tonight?" I question.

"Yeah." He scratches the back of his head.

"Um, I'm making dinner right now." I watch has his facial features drop ever so slightly.

"Oh. Uh, it's cool. I'll-"