Was it actually a successful murderer?

I jolted up from my bed and looked around to make sure nobody was in my room.

I thought about what I just dreamt and why I just dreamed about the dude I've been texting fuck me? I mean sure he's hot but I haven't even seen his face..

I guess the dream was a little to kinky because my under wear was ruined so that was great.

I then turned towards my phone, wondering if whoever is on the other side of that screen had experienced the same dream I had.

I picked it up and immediately checked my messages. One new message from the unknown number.

??: I hope you slept well, I left you a gift outside your window.

I turned towards my window, then remembering my dream where I unlocked it and proceeded to get thrown onto my own bed.

I got up from my bed and checked the window before I slowly opened it and grabbed the bag outside the window.

It was a small ziplock bag that had a paper towel blocking from seeing the inside. I opened the bag and reached inside and pulled out a pair of underwear? A PAIR OF UNDERWEAR? HOW DID THEY-?

I quickly locked my window again and threw the underwear on my bed, deciding to just leave it alone for now.

I got changed and went down the stairs to make myself some food. Mom had already left for work, she always works doubles on the weekends.

I finished eating waffles I had quickly made as I heard mutiple police sirens wailing and going down my street. Which was very weird considering I lived in a pretty good neighborhood.

I walked back up to my room to check my phone and looked up the news from my area.

"Local teenage boy found murdererd in his house."

I scrolled down trying to figure out more. He was identified as Jacob Parker? That name sounded similar till I realized who it was. Wasn't that the guy who I beat up In like second grade because he was picking on some kid? Wow, I can't believe hes dead.. I didn't really like the guy but Its sad he died. I can't imagine what his poor parents are going through, they seemed like total sweethearts.

I went back to the unknown number as I had received a new notification from it.

??: I want to meet you

Woah woah woah, this dude is a TOTAL stalker and is probably a catfish, I'm about to get kidnapped aren't I?

Y/n: Not a chance you are creepy as fuck and I'm not getting kidnapped today.

??: Darling, if I wanted to kidnap you I would of already.

WHAT???

Y/n: Yeah that's a no you creep.

??: I can just come to you instead?

Y/n: Please don't, just leave me alone. You are creeping me out and I would like to not get kidnapped.

They did not answer, once again.

I spent most of the day waiting for the cops to clear. I decided I was going to figure out more about Jacob's death, it seemed so abrupt for him to be found murdered in his house.

It was night time by now so all of the cops had been dismissed by now.

I walked up to his house and all of the "caution" tape had been spread out through the whole area.

I looked to see if anybody was inside, I didn't see anyone so I'm going to assume nobody was.

I walked onto the porch being careful not to make much noise incase people were still inside. I slowly put my hand on the door nob and start turning it.

"Fuck" it was locked. I had to find another way inside.

I eventually made it to his window, which was unlocked. I climbed inside, his room was a complete mess. Everything was thrown down and blood stains still remained on the carpet. I frowned thinking about his parents, and what they are going through right now.

I began to walk around, looking for anything that stood out to me or that seemed unusual. I don't really know what would be unusual for him because I had never really talked to the guy. After about 20 minutes of searching and moving things around I had noticed a small square looking object. It was behind some piles of cloths, I had dismissed it before thinking nothing of it but it's reflectivness caught my attention.

I carefully moved the clothing and picked up the square object with my hoodie sleeve making sure I didn't leave any finger prints.

I turned the square around and it revealed a gruesome picture.

Jacob, bleeding profusely from his face and a man in a mask posing.

I took a picture of the picure on my phone and quickly got out of the house.

When I got home I went back to the unknown number and reread the text

??: "I want to meet you"

I sent one text before going to sleep that night, it read..

Y/n: I change my mind, let's meet.